Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Johnny be...not good?

So they other day as I lay in bed unsuccessfully taking an afternoon snooze, I began to think about one of my all time favorite actors John...Cusack.  Did you think I was going to say John..nny Depp?  Because I'd definitely like to get a dish of him any day.  But no-at this particular moment, my thoughts were with J.C.  I thought about how I began crushing on him after viewing the classic of all classics 'Say Anything.'  If you have not seen this film, hit yourself over the head with a frying pan as punishment and go to your nearest sold out Hollywood Video and rent it.  Then came High Fidelity.  Now these two films are a little different than what you'd think of a romantic comedy.  But oh how I heart them.  Then came Gross Point Blanke, possibly leading the chart of my all time J.C. faves--clear played of course.  No really...kind of...well recently...not a decade ago...discussion for another time...or now.  Is Clearplaying censorship??  I understand that we should have the right to view a film how we want, but what about how the director/writer wants us to see their work of art??  I'm conflicted.  Andy, however, is not conflicted, and we do in fact own a clear player.  But I digress.  So as I thought about J.C. and the two most recent films of his that I watched, 2012 and 1408? is that what it's called?  It was so horrendous I must've blocked the title-I thought, where did he go wrong?  He did a few mainstream romantic comedies in their that reiterated my appeal for him and the fact that he is ridiculously tall, but the latest films, oh bother...Then as I thought further about it I thought...

Do you think if he went for the facial hair, smoker, hoodie look he'd possibly double as Deadliest Catch's Phil Harris?  Case In Point... RIP Phil :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too love John Cusack, but Old School Cusack....
"Better Off Dead", anyone? That is seriously one of my favorite movies EVER!

Lindsey said...

Awww how did I forget Better Off Dead?....

Amber said...

ewe...you'll kill me but I'm not a major fan of J.C. Sorry! But I still loved the post :)