I know I need to post Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas pics but I just can't seem to muster the will to do so.
In the meantime, let me introduce you all to someone that I'm guessing most, if not all of you have never met. My name is "sober" Lindsey. I have been, apparently, a diet coke "addict" (picture Andy saying the word and me repeating it with quote fingers) for the last 16 years. Apparently that's the term used when someone says their reason for doing something is because 'it calms them down only to pick them up' or 'it makes me feel better.' However, for the last 3 days I've been a walking zombie of a person I used to know. Ya know, fun, happy Lindsey has gone sianara. Now I'm the shell of someone in need of a personality transplant. So if you see me and I seem tired, gruff, irritable or just down right boring, just think 'Hmm what would happen to the world if more people had "interventions"?' Dawn of the Dead I tell you...
End of April
1 week ago
4 comments:
Good luck!! The first week is the hardest, right?
wow. I am shocked. honestly, I thought you would drink it forever and I would not start drinking that stuff.
However...Since I started HCG about 8 months ago, I have to have diet coke to survive. Does that mean I'm addicted now?
Crazy world I tell ya.
Congrats! Or good luck.. or.. what are you thinking?
:)
You may or may not remember that I was the worst Dr. Pepper-aholic. I had to get off the juice as well. I am proud to say that I am almost 6 months sober ;-) Because of how bad it sucks at first. I thought I would pass a long some motivation. This is an email I got from my thyroid Doc. (sorry about the length of this comment)
By now just about everyone knows soda isn't good for the body. But that knowledge doesn't seem to get most people to stop drinking it. In fact, many people drink 30-60 oz. per day. This wreaks utter havoc on your entire body, from teeth to digestive system. From the organs, right down to the cellular level. But it's a hard habit to break. Perhaps learning why it's not a good choice will motivate you to make the switch to a healthy alternative.
All soda, no matter the brand or flavor,
is made up of the following main ingredients:
Sugar - The average soda contains over 3 tablespoons per 12 oz. can. Even worse, it's usually in the form of high fructose corn syrup, which has been linked to diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome.
Carbonated water - weakens stomach acid, interfering with proper digestion.
Aspartame or Sucralose - Even though diet sodas have less sugar than regular soda, they contain an even greater concern. Artificial sweeteners lower your body's metabolism, and have been linked to depression, insomnia, irritability, weakness, migraines, seizures and more.
Food Dyes - Obviously not whole foods, artificial food dyes are made of chemicals from petroleum, and are linked to ADHD.
Phosphoric Acid - This is what makes your soda fizzy. This highly acidic substance robs your body of calcium, which can lead to the weakening of the skeletal structure and osteoporosis.
Even in small amounts, regular soda and diet soda are strongly linked to weight gain, diabetes, tooth decay, digestive system damage, high blood pressure and dehydration. Yet, it's such a huge part of every American's diet. Make a commitment today to stop drinking soda. If quitting “cold turkey” is too much, too soon, try decreasing your intake to just one can of soda per day (yes, one can, not a 32 ouncer from the gas station).
Post a Comment