Friday, January 28, 2011

The Road Not Taken

January has been quite a month for us.  Changes are surrounding our everyday and I've come to realize the journey of life is a force that is beyond our control.  It's a time that I'm choosing to reinvent myself, grow up a little, and alter the ways that I call my comfort zone.  Just a few 'ch-ch-ch Changes' taking place around here.

#1 and maybe most exciting is that the blessed day has come when we SOLD OUR HOUSE!  What's that you say?  The boy who cried wolf?  Well, despite the debacle last September, that I'll lovingly compare to a gang bang, we had an offer, horrendous amount of stress, and then a buyer back out.  I wouldn't wish a stressful house sell on my worst enemy.  However, we've had another offer, it's seemingly completely solid, the buyer is fabulous and we're moving in one week.  When I say solid, I mean he's buying my barstools. 

#2 I'm still diet coke free-minus a one day setback.  And although I haven't felt like I've reached a greater good, I have lost a couple pounds.  Andy says the two are related.  As far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on that, but whatever.  I miss the stuff like crazy, not for the taste, but the feel good factor.  At this point, I don't know if I'll ever get over that.  

#3 I've decided to take on a bit of a project.  We'll see.  More to come I'm sure, but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll keep it to myself for now. 

All in all, life has a mind of it's own and I'm going to commit myself the next year to enjoying the journey that unfolds before me.  We are wonderfully blessed in our marriage, children, family, gospel, employment, friends and I'm going to celebrate that in every way possible!

4 comments:

Kalli said...

The planets have aligned, hooray for no more condo!

Super stoked for you guys. Want to go on a grown-ups only movie date? We like movies. We like you. Let's do this. No kids allowed! I like to chug my cherry coke in peace.

Heather said...

Where are you guys moving to? Good luck!

The Dummers said...

Congrats on the house sale and continuing to be DC free! Good things all around!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on selling your house!!! If you need help moving let us know .