Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recap

When I find a blog title that begins with 'Recap' I usually just skip reading.  If you ain't gonna stay up to date on bloggin, why should I read?  Can I hear a "what, what?"  This is a new catchphrase that I'm instigating and trying to get to catch like wild fire.  It's the next 'rufus' I tell you.  Andy doesn't agree and keeps asking me why I keep saying it-supposedly it sounds dumb.  I then add the 'raise the roof' arms and further incriminate myself.  Anywho, sorry to recap but I am going to do just that.  Cue the skimming...
Birthday Week---fabulousness as always.  I have to say though, the real celebrating began on my mom's b-day, St. Patty's Day, not on mine Mar. 14.  We had a shopping extravaganza where I blew my allowance on shoes galore and had the high of my life.  Seriously, I carried my Nordstrom bag around for 2 days hugging my shoes.  Retail therapy--who needs Zoloft?!  Ok, don't answer that...
Andy and I had our first one on one date in over 4 years and reignited the flame of our youth.  I can say things like that now that I'm a year older.  'To our youth!'
We went to Benihana!!  Free MEAL!!!  Oh wait, wrong restaurant.  It was fun to go out yet again, (Thanks Ashley for making my dating life possible) especially with my parents and 5th wheel brother.  Just kidding...Well about insinuating that it was a bad thing.  He was kinda the 5th wheel.  His selfless wife stayed home so the kids didn't have to have a sitter 3 nights in a row.  Some people are just good parents that way...It was very fun though and I'm glad at least my brother could come too. 
Birthday girls!!
 And it's been enough time that I just can't remember the rest.  Shoes, check.  Good food, check.  Fabulous Company, check.  Bout sums it up.
Side Note-don't you hate when you check your baby's diaper to see if they pooed and get an affirmative answer on your finger?  That may or may not have just happened.  I plead the fifth..
Now some pictures of cuteness, just cause...
American Gothic
 
 
Sorry for the semi dark pictures.  Apparently I didn't know how to use my camera that day.  Can I get a 'what, what?'  No?  Well, be assured that I ALWAYS know how to use my camera on the days that all you good people hire me to take YOUR pictures.  'What, what!' Ok, I'll move on.  Spring means helping grandpa again in the yard.  Charlie is happy, I yet reaffirm that my dad is the most patient human being I know, and I get a break.  Nuff said.
And this is how 'Teddy' is left while Charlie goes 'to work.'  I couldn't resist this Kodak moment...
And what kind of mother would I be if I didn't include these two little crazies in my blog post.  
And yes, the girls are kissing.  I was all lined up for the picture and then they started to move and, well, laziness just got the better of me, and I stayed put.  
P.S. I usually supervise what my kids read.  I blame unredeemed Delta Skymiles for corrupting my child by not sending a magazine cover with my newly claimed Glamour subscription, like in the grocery store.  At least Maggie will know the best swimsuit for her body type this summer.  Phew...

4 comments:

Noelle said...

You are so funny! I seriously laughed out loud at least four times reading this post. I love that your personality comes through the computer and slaps me in the face. Sounds like you had a great time!

Chantiel said...

Yay for an update! Can I get a "what, what" Just kidding :) Look how long your girls' hair is getting!

Jennifer said...

I know I don't comment very often on blogs lately, but I just have to tell you how much your blog makes me smile! You are hilarious, and I always love reading about your sweet family! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the update!!! And CUTE pics....sometime I need you to take more pictures of my boys, they all grow up way too fast!