Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ode to 6 Years..

It's amazing that these two love birds ended up together nearly 5 years after meeting.
I'd love to say that when we first crossed eyes we knew; that we "went steady" from the beginning; that we were high school sweethearts. But hey, Junior High was our peak awkward phase. I hung out with the preppies, Andy the stoners (without participating) and we had nothing to do with each other. High school came, I got rid of being 'brace-face' and Andy's growth spurt kicked in and we started paying attention. We started running in the same crowds, dating each others friends, and he became one of my best pals.

There were good times, awkward times, and periods apart, but we saw each other through breakups and heartaches, rebellions, triumphs and successes, and I'm happy to say that 6 years ago today, I was able to marry my best friend. Here's to the next 6...

6 comments:

Heather said...

Awwwwh. Welcome to the 6 year club.

Molly said...

That 1st picture of you looks so much like Charlie! Congrats on 6 years.

Chelsea Stewart said...

What a cute post Linds! I love all the pictures! You two make a cute couple...happy anniversary!

Sarie said...

You were one hot n sexy brace face!! Good luck on the townhouse.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

you guys are the best! and even after you tied the knot you still remained cool by having everyone over for "blue dart heart to heart talks"...sigh.

congrats you guys!

oh and dave resents the fact that you indirectly refer to him as a preppy...but that doesn't mean i don't agree with you. just the other night we had steve h. and richard k. over with their wives...blast from the past.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I think you guys are so great individually, and together you are downright unstoppable. I almost was convinced into buying your house since you were throwing a kiss on the lips into the equation but alas, it is too far away. (And sorta creepy)

Congratulations on 6 years! Can't wait to see you on Fri.