Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Insta-family!!

So I was talking to a friend in my ward a couple of weeks ago and she was telling us about how she had her 20 week ultrasound and found out that they were having twins. "Wow! They're screwed" I thought. But I said, "Oh you guys will be great! That's so exciting." Does that make you all question if every conversation that we've had is superficial? I promise (I usually) always say what I think. I just knew this was a time to be encouraging. So I went to my OB appointment yesterday and was telling the good ole doc all my pregnancy ales and he had a couple concerns since I'm only 13 weeks along. He decided to do another ultrasound just to make sure everything looked OK, and what do you think he found? Well, after sitting through his "Um...let me turn down the lights to get a better look at this...Um, yeah," which had me thoroughly panicing, he said, "Wow, I didn't see this on the last ultrasound--here's your baby's heart beat and head......and the other baby's heart beat and head. You're having twins." Excuse me? Don't people need twins to run in their family? Don't people need to be on fertility pills or something for twins? Nope. Apparently it can be luck of the draw. So after the tears and "My life is over" thoughts went through my head, I have finally calmed down and am starting to think that this may be kinda cool. Two kids in one pregnancy, fabulous. Cute matching outfits, great. No pressure for more kids, sure. So as the thought starts to go through your head, "Wow, she's screwed." Just remember, karma.

P.S. The doc said from what he could tell they look really close together (plus some other gross uterus details that I will spare you) and thinks that they may be identical. And on my other ultrasound today we didn't see any boy wee-wee's. Twin girls sure would be cute, right? Pics are to come I'm just not emotionally ready to post them yet. :)

13 comments:

Sarie said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!! You are lucky, you know that? You gotta be a special lady to have twins! Twin girls would be so cute! Ok, I am gushing. Wish I was there to take photos of you!
xo

Molly said...

Oh my GOSH!!! You can't beat two for the price of one. Good luck! Oh, and you'll be great.

Scooby and Jon said...

Um, since I believe I'm the one about whom you thought "they're screwed" (& thank you for only thinking it, and not saying it!) you have my sympathies. and yeah, the whole having twins without it running in your family and without fertility drugs is a little bit crazy.
But I am very excited for you and your family! I think you'll have fun. Oh, and I really liked the parents.com twins/multiples website. Good Luck!

Heather said...

You have got to be freaking kidding me! how is it that three of my close friends have had (or are pregnant) with twins and I have always wished I could have some myself. You are very lucky, not screwed! I will trade you if you want. You get TWO babies! TWO babies! how on earth could that be a bad thing? Ok, so I am not delusional,I can understand how it could be extremely overwhelming and hard at times, but You should know by now that Heavenly Father won't give you anything you can't handle. Congratulations! (I truly mean that)let me know if you need any moral support b/c I am so excited for you!

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Wow!!! That is CRAZY and also very exciting!!! You (and Scooby) will both be just fine--probably very overwhelmed at first but you will adjust! How did Andy react? Let me knwo what I can do to help--now and after you have them!

Unknown said...

If anyone can do it and do it laughing and loving life it is you! I am so happy for you. I (secretly) prayed that this last pregnancy for me would be twins...I think Heavenly Father knows which families to bless with multiples. And how lucky they will be to have Charlie as a big brother. Double the joy.... hope you are feeling o.k....you're in my prayers.

Spencer said...

oh baby! hooray for you guys! you are a super mom already so...total cinch.

i'm so happy for you toots. lets do lunch again soon...i should come to you oh and thanks for giving me your number.

love catie p.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,

I don't know if you know this, but twins are the total in thing right now. You can add yourself to the vast number of celebrities who have twins. (Angelina and Brad, JLO and Marc)

You've always been very with the times. It seems it would only carry over to the fertility side of you.

Good Luck Lady! I can't wait to see you. Let's get together soon. I'm already thinking up rhyming names. (Sue & Lou) (Beatrice and Annette, we'd call them- Betty and Netty)

Moody Family said...

Wahoo!!! Now I am sure you will take me up on the offer of watching Charlie...RIGHT!! You better or I will hunt you down and take him. I remember you asking to be taked into ONE baby not TWO. Many congrats on the babes. If you need anything let me know (like watching charlie for you :)

Scooby and Jon said...

As far as nursing both, I haven't heard of a class yet, although I can ask my Dr. I have an appt. on the 9th. I'm guessing the La Leche League would be able to give you tips. If you're looking for a book, I would get "What to expect when you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads." from Dr. Barbara Luke. I got it from my friend who had twin girls 2 years ago, and it's fabulous. It does have some tips for nursing, (as far as different holds and such) as well as tips for eating and weight gain, etc. A lot of women who followed the advice given in the book were able to deliver healthy, normal sized babies.

Becky said...

Wow! Congratulations. Let me know if you need anything, especially after they're born!

The Shill Spill said...

Wow! I had no idea Linds! Congrats! That is soooooooo awesome! And, even though I never thought of it or considered that you would have multiples...I do know that you guys will find the bestest, cutest, smartest, funnest ways to take care of those two little ones. And won't Charlie just be in heaven with two babies to mall, instead of one? :)
Good luck! You're going to do GREAT!

Lisa said...

Wow! Maybe it runs in the ward?? Congrats, that's really exciting!!