Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Little Man

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. What can I say? He is such a smart, kind, generous, strong-willed little guy and I can't believe how big he's getting already. He doesn't really...self-entertain very well, so most days I have my little tag along helping me throughout the day. Of late it's been laundry. We had a dryer mishap...or explosion you could say. So we got a new HE washer and dryer and it's been the big to-do in the Nelson household. If you by chance stop by, I'm sure C will show and tell you all about it. And even though some days this bundle of energy pushes me to end of my rapidly fraying rope, I am so grateful for him and all that I learn from him every day. He's taught me patience and to laugh at the little things. What an amazing person he's shaping into.

Charlie's new drill from his tool set. This may be the only Christmas pic you'll see.
When I get this far behind, I lose motivation.

Charlie's first day of Sunbeams. He was a little hesitant at first, but then we got him a secret weapon-his own set of scriptures. This has done the trick. He has been so great to go by himself and he even got the 'Caught Being Reverent' medal a couple weeks ago, which came as a wonderful surprise to us! What a cutie!

6 comments:

Molly said...

Aw, I miss you guys. I LOVE that last picture of you two. You look gorgeous, and Charlie has such great eyes! He's a handsome fella.

Lisa said...

He is so cute! I'm glad he's going to sunbeams easily--I think he might be the only one in his class that doesn't cry in the beginning, so I bet he's the favorite!

Giles Family said...

Charlie is such a cutie!!!

misha~sha-sha said...

Love this guy...he's the best! And I truly can say I've never seen a little boy so excited about his new washing machine. He must have told me about it ten times this week.

Scooby and Jon said...

Oh my goodness he looks so old! I still can't believe he's in sunbeams, I remember when he first came into nursery!
I hope everything's going well for you and that your baby girls are feeling all better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, just the sweetest thing! I love the pic of you two together.

Who know... caught being reverent would be the award he would get... Quite hilarious.