Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hooray for Ear Infections!

What?! Sarcasm? I assure you, no. I hate sarcasm. Ear infections being the silver lining to the dark cloud that has hung over my head for the last month? You're probably thinking, 'has she gone mental?' Well, 32 nights of interrupted sleep will make anyone a little delirious, especially when your kids sleep (correction, used to sleep) 13 hours every night. Yes, 32 days. I've been counting. I was inches away from giving the babies each a Benedryl shake, when I thought, 'They're fussier than normal, not sleeping at night or for naps, and scratching their ears. I've given them baths, loaded them with nightime cluster bottles, baby food and rice cereal bottles, gone from fleece to cotton jammies-and back again, rocked them to sleep, swaddled and un-swaddled them, swung them, taken car rides...I'm out.' So a little trip to the doc yesterday and 2 Rx's later, we've had 2 naps today and both babies are sleeping!! Hooray that something was wrong so that it can be fixed and we can, cross your fingers, go back to the way we were 32 days ago. (Andy says I need to stop saying things like this because I jinx it.)

4 comments:

Sarie said...

Dude. Right there with ya. Except half of your problem... I only have one baby with an ear infection. Good luck! They'll be happier very very soon!

Heather said...

I'll cross my fingers for you. hopefully you get at least one good night this week.

emilyspens said...

Holy cow. I can't believe that's what the problem was. Awesome that you figured it out. Now you can get some sleep (and we can get some movie time in). :)

Amber said...

That sounds horrible. I remember sleepless nights...but that was when I was getting up with one kid...not two! You're amazing. I really don't know how you do it.