Potty Room Discoveries of the Week:
(besides the standing up thing)
(besides the standing up thing)
-Strip your kid when you're training them to go two-sey. It may or may not work for you but letting C roam naked for an hour when I knew he needed to go was the ticket.
-Also, find a bribe that works. C gets enough candy anyway so that's not great for him so we pay him. He got a piggy bank for Valentines Day so I give him coins to put in and now he is officially going two-sey for me in the toilet. For pennies! Mwah ha ha ha!
Parents: 1 Kid: 0!!
-Wipes and Clorox Wipes DO NOT flush down the toilet. Ok, you think they do, and then 3 flushes of wipes, not so much. Andy loves me for this one. I wish I could've gotten a picture as he pulled wipes out of the toilet with his hand. Love ya honey!!! (P.S. the Clorox wipes were used on the toilet, not C's derriere.)
-We are one day into undies at night and 1/1 on night-time accidents. Thank you recent purchase of water-proof mattress pad. (I do, however, think that he peed this morning when he woke up and just forgot he wasn't wearing a diaper, because we checked him at midnight and he was dry. And I definitely think he would've woken up, since he does when he pees through a diaper.)
Wish us Luck on our Potty Adventures. I'm determined to only have two kids in diapers from here on out!!-Also, find a bribe that works. C gets enough candy anyway so that's not great for him so we pay him. He got a piggy bank for Valentines Day so I give him coins to put in and now he is officially going two-sey for me in the toilet. For pennies! Mwah ha ha ha!
Parents: 1 Kid: 0!!
-Wipes and Clorox Wipes DO NOT flush down the toilet. Ok, you think they do, and then 3 flushes of wipes, not so much. Andy loves me for this one. I wish I could've gotten a picture as he pulled wipes out of the toilet with his hand. Love ya honey!!! (P.S. the Clorox wipes were used on the toilet, not C's derriere.)
-We are one day into undies at night and 1/1 on night-time accidents. Thank you recent purchase of water-proof mattress pad. (I do, however, think that he peed this morning when he woke up and just forgot he wasn't wearing a diaper, because we checked him at midnight and he was dry. And I definitely think he would've woken up, since he does when he pees through a diaper.)
5 comments:
Yay for Charlie! Sounds like it's official (almost). That will be nice to only be changing the girls diapers and not C's too! Tell Andy I'm sorry he had to pull out wipes with his hand. Ha ha- that is SO disgusting!
I stinking LOVE that you are paying him pennies to do his business! That is my new favorite parent trick!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like he's doing great!
This post was hilarious Linds!! I buy the flushable wipes and they haven't clogged my toilet yet...I hope they never do or I'm in big trouble! Shaners will only allow the "cold" wipes to clean up his little butt, so they better not ever clog up or he's in for a sad, sad day. And ever since I've potty trained a boy, I'm pretty sure that Clorox Wipes have stayed in business because of me. Good luck on your continuing potty training adventures!
good luck! I teach Jake to pee into the water and tell him "see if you can make the water splash with your pee. It seems to keep the toilet a lot cleaner. He peed standing up since the 3rd day after potty training day. I think they do better standing up than sitting down. Tyler would forget to "push it down" and he would hit the wall across from the toilet. We stood up from then on.
I loved this disgusting post, it made my day.
Good luck with the potty training! I have switched Taya to pennies also. It's amazing what a child will do for a penny (just remember not to teach them the value of a penny for awhile.. they will realize it's not worth it!)
Post a Comment