Ever since we got the new washer and dryer Charlie has been beyond obsessed. Obsessed is not even a strong enough word to contain his enthusiasm. So I taught him how to sort and change the laundry. I'm thinking folding clothes and putting them away should be next. But every now and then, "Oh no Mama I fell in the laundry basket!!" He always makes me laugh.To kick off the great weekend, we were able to celebrate our friends Tony and Lindsay's upcoming baby, as well as MLE and Josh's baby belly, with a little dinner/baby shower out to dinner at Benihana. This was mine and Andy's first date in forever so it was wonderful to be out without kids and in the company of such amazing friends. (Sorry there's no pic of Linds and Tony. I stole these pics off her blog and I need to hunt her down to get one of them since she didn't post one. I'm coming for it LindsAy-who might I say looks FAB preggers!!)
To take advantage of the warm weather, we decided to hit up the Zoo last Saturday. It was so much fun and so nice to get out and about.

As if the day couldn't be better, my sweet middle child Ruby decided to start saying 'Mama.' Her angelic voice melts my heart everytime I hear it, and this morning she grabbed my face between her two chubby little hands and said 'Mama' right at me. Then this afternoon Andy taught her 'dada.' Each of our girls are starting to scoot and can sit by themselves and are soo soo soo close to crawling up on their knees. I know they are behind schedule because they are preemies but I am grateful for the calm before the storm of truly mobile twins.Another big milestone this weekend was the Charlie...drumroll please....pooped on the potty. And when I say potty, I mean the plastic froggy that moonlights as a potty. (Oh how Target has capitalized on toilet fearing children. But hey, whatever gets them poopin.) Andy stripped Charlie down to his nothins and told him he had to poop or he couldn't get clothes on. Aren't we cruel? So he roamed the house naked (I promise if you come over he didn't sit on any surfaces) for about an hour until he shrieked in pain that his tummy hurt and to put a diaper on him. See, he wears whitey tidies all day and holds his Number Twos until we diaper him at night and then unloads for the next hour. So even though we save all those diapers during the day, at night, we go through a few. We'd had it. So I got him a candy bowl, his leapster, and read him a book while he sat on the frog and pooped. Then we broke the Sabbath and got him a Happy Meal. I know, I know. But praise for poopin' on the potty!!
Since my girls are wearing more shorts, capris, and dresses, I don't want to be putting heavy socks on them but we only have a couple pairs of shoes for them, since buying them in twos can add up. So I had the great idea one morning at 5 am while feeding babies to start making them. This first pair was a present for a friend, and is a little rough around the edges, since it's been a while since I dusted off the ole sewing machine, but all in all, I think they turned out pretty cute, and the cost to make these is minimal compared to buying shoes. Hooray for the cost of sewing being less than buying!! (I really don't believe in most cases it is in my experience.)
I took the pic on my phone in the car while Andy was driving so sorry about my sexy thigh--and P.S. there is a ribbon holding them together since I pulled them out of the present I was giving them away in--there's not some weird stringy ribbon attached.RECAP: Easter was fun and I always love General Conference so it was like a double wammy, great weekend. First Charlie looked for his Easter Basket here (where it was last year--smarty)
But of course that silly Easter Bunny knew Charlie's favorite room in the whole house and hid it IN THE WASHER of all places...
Charlie, like his mommy, sleeps as though he's unconscious and has perpetual bed-head. I love this picture because of it.











8 comments:
I stinking LOVE the bed-hair picture! If it wasn't weird and kind of creepy, I'd post it on my blog and claim him as my own. :)
Super cute pictures!! Charlie and the twins are getting so big, and they take the cutest pictures. Thanks again for the wonderful shower/dinner! We had such a blast - you two spoiled us! Let's get together real soon, we were thinking of a BBQ or making dinner. Let us know when you two are free.
Hey, tell Lindsay and Tony i want an invite to their blog so I can see what they are up to.
Your kids are so darned cute! and I am completely jealous that one of your babies is saying mama...mine babble and repeat sounds, but we have yet to get a word from them.
Awww! So much fun! Your kids are so cute! I can't believe Rubes is saying mama already. The pics at the zoo are awesome- totally make me want to go there (and nice job photoshopping, by the way).
charlie pooping!? that is the greatest...i'm nervous to start training.
love the pic with you smiling next to charlie...you sort of look like a celebrity that the paparazzi followed to the zoo (not that i read those trashy magazines ;)
love love love the shoes.
.
awesome!! maybe we could be sewing buddies!! I am in the works of sewing aspen a pair of shoes for sunday. they are so much fun and so much cheaper! cute growing family you have!
That picture of him is adorable! Love the zoo pictures too and I love your hair! I also love the shoes.. You do everything right.. you make me sick!
Post a Comment