Well, in the saga that is my children sleeping, we've had some breakthroughs. Here's how it goes. I trudged through the 5 stages of grief, well first four, I never could quite make it too acceptance. So lingered on depression I did. That sounded remarkably like a Yoda-ism. Anywho, you can read my last post for the visual on me grabbing for the razor blades. So after a week or so of the depths of despair, I did what any person would do and called the doctor. I blubbered and bawled to the nurse about my woes and she had a suggestion. A half hour before bedtime give them each a crushed Melatonin. (.5 mg to be exact) A glimmer of sun rays appeared through the clouds. What's that? Why yes, it is the hallelujah chorus singing on high! I went out immediately and purchased this over-the-counter drug, er, vitamin. She also told me "For heaven sakes, to let my nearly 2 year old 'cry it out.'" And although they cry for about 15-30 min when laid to rest, I feel invigorated and a new sense of freedom knowing that I'm only doing what the doctor ordered, and that I don't need to check diapers or give sippy 'top-offs.' Hello world! So if you too are in this rut, for heaven sakes call your pediatrician and get input. We are not islands people!
In other news, and really the top story around here, Andy's little brother Spencer came home from his mission last weekend. We were able to go to his stake pres. meeting/releasing, and I have to say, this was a spiritual highlight in my life. Andy and I can't stop talking about what an amazing young man he's become and how wonderful the experience was to hear his testimony and listen to the Stake President say "Well done thou good and faithful servant." I hope this to be a metaphor of what I hear at the end of my life when I meet the Lord face to face again. Spenny is such an example to our little family for his faithful service and the sacrifices he made in his life to serve the Lord. Love you a million little brother!
Here's some pictures of the weekend-all thanks to Grandma Ballard. You'd think once in a while I'd remember my camera....
 |
| i think it pertinent to note that my girls don't like ANYONE new. but they love this one already. |
|
 |
| ok so super ick of ruby-she was soo tired, but spenny's a cutie! |
|
 |
| i don't know where the crooked 'picture' smile comes from but it's reared it's head again |
 |
| andy with other little brother, christian |
 |
| fab shot of spen and grandma b |
 |
| who can resist a water jug? who knew spilling water was such a hit sensation! |
2 comments:
I'm glad things are looking up for you. I can't imagine not sleeping for so long. Here's to vitamin M.
No sleep and I get crazy I tell you. Fatty has been a challenge to be sure. He still wake up about 1x a night, and most of last month was up 2,3 and 4 times a night thanks to his brand new teeth on bottom.
That was sure fun.
I'm all for last resorts. I hope the melatonin works in a major way.
Post a Comment