Wednesday, August 3, 2011

6:30 Bedtime

All three of my kids are in bed, crying, beyond exhaustion, cranky, and it's only 6:30.  Somedays are just like this.  When I want to put the smoking end of the barrel in my mouth.  Too much?  Maybe so.
Twins are hard.  I don't care who says, 'My kids were 12 months apart and sometimes I think twins would've been easier.'  I'll tell you right now, it wouldn't have been.  Let me assure you.  It's not a two year old and a three year old.  Not a one year old and a two year old.  No.  It's two kids going through the same hard phases at once. Double the terrible twos.  Double the screaming, tantrums, and tears (triple if you include me as a basket case). Double the bathtime duty-which I put off until their stench knocks me over.  Double the crappy sleeping.  Double everything.  It's just hard.  Don't let the following picture fool you into thinking it's not. Even though they do still look pretty cute-minus Ruby's 'money shot.'  Then there's the bi-polar 5 year old to throw into the mix.  As if he knew my day hadn't been jolly enough, when I told him we were going to bed tonight he told me how stupid I was, that he hated me, and tried to smack me.  I may have snapped.  Just maybe......

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day! I feel your pain, I had a bad one too. Nothing to do but dust yourself off and try again tomorrow! Also, for the record, you are a rock star for having twins. Going through the crazy one year old stage right now with Ryan, I can't even imagine what it would be like with two. Hang in there!!

Scooby and Jon said...

Look up "Moms of Multiples are freaks of nature" on youtube. It's spot on and hilarious, and it makes Jon & I laugh every time.
Also, I sympathize completely. Two is hard, and I am a hormonal basketcase at the moment.
I hope you have some muddy buddies or something to help salvage your evening at least.

Heather said...

My kids are WAY harder than your kids!...just kidding. I can't imagine doing double duty for everything.

Noelle said...

I got my mom this poem (being a twin myself and all..)

There's two to wash, there's two to dry,
There's two who argue, there's two who cry.
One's in the mud having a ball,
The other holds a crayon, another marked wall.
Some days seem endless, my patience grows thin.
Why was I chosen to be a mother of twins?
The answer comes clear at the end of the day,
As I tuck them in bed and to myself I say,
There's two to kiss, there's two to hug,
And best of all, there's two to love.

I know it doesn't make up for anything.. God must think you're pretty awesome to give you this challenge!