As a photographer, I'd have to admit that my least favorite photo session is a 'family reunion' session. There. I said it. This entails multiple families, mucho munchkins, and lots happening at once. What's even harder than this type of session, is when you do it for your own family...for free nonetheless. Somehow the money seems to be my main motivator in this situation. Oh yes, and the love of photography and giving people pictures that I always wish I had of my own family.
Anyway, this is a story about a family that planned for months to have an extended family photo done while in Park City on vacation. Word to the wise, don't plan a photo like this on your vacation. It just adds stress.
It was a sunny evening in the land of gorgeous Park City. We gathered after months of preparation, clothing coordination, headache, and now it was finally the grand event!
I clicked away to my hearts content-so much that I filled my memory card, slipped it into my pants pocket, reloaded a new card and continued on. As I pulled my lens cap and said 'that's a wrap,' (ok, I don't actually say that-I just sigh) I realized that my 'oh so full' first memory card, was no longer in my pants pocket. It had dropped into the weeds. My world fell. The tears began and we all dropped to our knees to start our seemingly fruitless search. Let the record show that I don't like to cry publicly, so this marked a big deal.
After 15 or so minutes we decided to stand together and say a prayer. I tried with all my might to believe and have faith that we'd find the tiny square in this meadow of weeds, but I had my doubts. After about 20 more minutes of the silence broken up by my hysterical sobbing, my niece came to see what was going on. My first reaction was to say, 'Oh just go back to the car.' My next thought was to give her instructions on what we were looking for. I did neither. I just kept searching. Then after about 5 seconds of her standing there, she leaned down where she stood, picked up my lost, fallen, lonely card, and declared, "I found it!"
What?! Could it be true? Did she even know what we were looking for? I couldn't believe it. We were all so relieved and felt so much gratitude. We then asked her if she'd like to say the prayer thanking our Heavenly Father for the help that He'd given us that evening.
This may seem like a small, insignificant example of how our Heavenly Father helps us in our lives, but I promise you that he does in the ways that are individual and if we just ask Him, He is there and promises to help us.
And without further ado, I give you this....
End of April
1 week ago

3 comments:
Pura beleza! Nice going Linds!
That picture turned out great. It is fun to see everyone with their kids.
What a great story too.
Amazing story! I love when things (finally) just work out sometimes. That would be so stressful, I don't know how you do it!
Post a Comment