Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful

I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided I wanted to make my own 'Thankful Tree'--figured it'd be something fun that Charlie and I could do together everyday but now we're looking at total family involvement.  Here's a pic of our tree...
And then I cut out little papers (use two different size circle punches to make it super easy--or any shape for that matter)
And then everyday we'll write something we're thankful for on a paper and hang it on the tree.  On Thanksgiving, we're going to take them all off the tree and read them as a family.
Is there any better place to start than gratitude for our families?  Both in Heaven and here on Earth.

As I walked little man to the bus stop the other day, he reached up for my hand, as he will sometimes do, and I was filled with emotion as I thought of this little gesture.  I hope to remember how I felt at that moment forever.
The day he was born changed me.  It was no longer about me.  Getting married gave me a glimpse of that, but not like this.  Having a person that is a part of me, entrusted to me by Heavenly Father to care for and love.  I'm forever changed.
He stayed home from school today.  We shared snuggles and tender moments.  I looked in that little face and my heart melted.  I saw myself.  I saw Andy.  And I saw this person that was all his own.  My little buddy.  Full of sweetness and sensitivity that sometimes seems unusual to me, for a little boy to possess so much caring and concern and emotion for others.  He wants everyone to have a friend and to be happy and he is already such an example of a Christlike being.  What would I do without him?  That's why as we start off our thankful tree, my thoughts turn to family and the little boy that changed me forever...

 

5 comments:

KanellFamily said...

Such a sweet post! I love your idea of of Thankful tree - so so cute!

Cecily said...

I LOVE that idea!! It turned out so cute! I want to do that! Now, I just need to find some branches...

Heather said...

What a sweet idea. I love it.

BriAnne said...

What beautiful sentiments, I totally agree. Motherhood changes you. In my case, not always for the better, haha, but I"m working on that. :) Thanks for the reminder of the little things.

And I lu-huv that thankful tree idea! I just may have to do it myself!

Noelle said...

So cute! I need to make something from Pinterest.. This was a really sweet post, it makes me want to be more patient with Taya. ♥