Well, the excitement of being THREE has worn off for Charlie. I told him the other day that he was now three and a BIG BOY and no longer needed a binky. Yes, my 2 year and 364 day old still used a binky. But I'm determined to have my 3 year old be binky free. He proceeded to tell me that binkies were for babies, and I started to do a virtual victory dance. However, when we came upon sleepy time tonight, I was told-or yelled at-that he no longer wanted to be "phree" but to "be two, be two, be two." We'll see how this whole thing goes. (My brother, the pediatric dentist, laughs at the fact that I'm the one whose kid still has a binky, when I've made my living telling moms that they need to have their kids throw theirs out. Karma has its way.)
End of April
1 week ago
5 comments:
Lucas still has his for naptime and nightime and I'm pretty sure he'll have it when he gets married since I don't want to have that battle anytime soon.
Ha ha ha! We got rid of Jake's pacifier about a month ago. We couldn't find any "paci" before bed time and I told him when he is too big for them they just run away. Then, the next day he found one and I snipped the sucking part with scissors and told him he is too big for them so they don't work anymore either. He didn't even care.
Just a tip... start cutting the binky from the bottom a little at a time and pretty soon he won't want it anymore. Good luck!
He's so cute.. All these other suggestions are nice on getting him to get rid of it, but I think you should go another route. You should tell him that it died or killed itself because it didn't like him anymore. (You know, just to scar him for life)
I hear the binky fairy works for some. Kinda like the tooth fairy, they take the binky away and leave a gift in it's place and the binky is never to be seen again. I'm sure it might be hard though because of the girls but I know he can do it!
Post a Comment