Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Happened!!!

I hate to say it, but yes, every now and then I lose my cool with Charlie. I know, crazy right? Losing it when you have a toddler?... Well, today it came back to bite me in the behind when I heard an expletive come out of that sweet little boys mouth!! I will say it was a tamer one than most curse words, but one none the less. It kinda makes you think twice before you let your inner pirate take over when the going get tough with your kids. Today's his birthday to boot...what a step into childhood. (Pics to come...of the birthday, not the flying swearwords)

P.S. Can't laugh at such things...it only perpetuates it. I tried so very hard not to...but lost the battle. :(

5 comments:

Lisa said...

hahaha! happy birthday charlie!

Richelle said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! When I read the title "It's happened" I thought wahoo they sold their house, too bad that wasn't it. I would have laughed my ass off too ;)
We want you guys to come up next week. We could hang out Monday or Friday, and maybe Molly and Dev could come, and the rest of the gang. Let me know what you think. Oh and thanks for the birthday text.

Clayton and Amber said...

So funny! Happy Birthday Charlie. You turned 3 and can swear like an old man now! Ha ha It's funny how even words that aren't swear words sound bad when a 2-3 year old is yelling them! :) It's amazing they even remember. I love it.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

how in the
world did
he learn any
sort of
expletive?
you and andy
never swear...
;)

love yer guts.

catie p.

Moody Family said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!!