Sunday, August 30, 2009

'I've got my lunch pail packed, my shoes tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight, Ohhhh..."

I'm a few days late, but Wednesday night we had Charlie's Preschool Back To School night. I can't believe he is starting preschool in just 9 days!!! It's such a Catch 22 because I'm so happy for him that he will have something that is just his own and won't be surrounded by everything baby, and the break will be good for me to give some attention just to the girls, but I hate the idea of him leaving me and going off into the world. I know he's only 3 but I worry about him finding his way into the room he's supposed to go to and where his cubby is, and I hope that he talks to people and doesn't just shut down with too much commotion and remembers his manners. What if he just walks out in the middle and can't find his way back? No wonder he's a timid kid! Listen to his insane mommy. We all go through this though, right? Especially with your first kid? At least my girls will have each others hands to hold.

2 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

oh! my heart!
this is such
a sweet little
post.

i can't imagine
how i'm going
to be when B
goes off...
little charlie
is going to
do great! c'mon
look at his
parents.

catie p.

Molly said...

Awww, you're going to make me cry. Good luck to both of you.