Saturday, December 26, 2009

After Christmas Letdown...

The day after Christmas has always seemed like a bit of a downer to me. It's the furthest day away from another Christmas and the day before has been hyped up for nearly 2 straight months. I was determined this year to have it be different. The verdict-it hasn't. It may be the fact that all three of the kids simultaneously forgot how to eat dinner. Charlie informed me that he "hated quesadillas and never has, in fact, liked them" despite his daily requests for them at lunch. Then when I told him to get cereal out of the pantry, he maintained that he couldn't get past the child lock which he has clearly mastered. Funny. It may have been the attempt at afternoon quiet time that ended in two changed movies and toys covering the floor, which still didn't seem captivating enough. It could've been the 6, yes, 6 pooper diapers that have been changed from C himself in the last 18 hrs. I think he has a flu bug. Good times.

Next year, I'm throwing a 26th of December party. No more whining!

3 comments:

Sarie said...

I would like an invitation to that party.

Heather said...

We had our Aird family X-mas party today and it was so much fun! We did Christmas day on our own and then Aird overload today. It is a good way to do it. we get more presents and play/show everyone our toys. I highly recommend it.

Scooby and Jon said...

I'm sorry you have ornery kids on top of your twins, that sounds rough. I hope things get better, and quick!