So I don't know if you remember my post a few weeks back, but I have had a complete change of mind as far as this whole holiday season goes. I don't know if it's the fact that my Christmas decorations are up, or because my sweet hubby has been letting me sleep in on the weekends for no apparent reason other than he's amazing (since he works full time just like I claim to with this whole motherhood thing,) or the fact that I got a much needed haircut after 8 months and just feel a sense of renewal. I've also been listening to a lot of Bowie lately, which always puts me in a good mood-(for a little pick me up or if you're in the mood for a really good tune, listen to "Oh! You Pretty Things." Such a good song.)I also have been overwhelmed with a sense of wonderful contentment. I am so blessed with an amazing family and only have to think about them or look at these smiles to feel complete.
We had a great Thanksgiving with Andy's family and were able to help put up Christmas lights. Charlie has been on an adrenal high ever since. We went and picked a Christmas tree at the tree farm behind my parents house and even though we have a rash to show for lighting a real tree, I hope that we can continue on this fun tradition of picking a tree out. I love the yearly...debate...that Andy and I have at the tree farm whether we pick the prettiest tree we can find (Andy's want) or the one in most need of having a pick me up, like being decorated with lights and adored every day of the season. (my idea of saving a tree-Andy says to remember we are in fact slowly killing it and that would be no favor at all to pick it.) He won this time, only because he got Charlie on his side and I was outnumbered. How long before the twinners can talk?










3 comments:
Your little Charlie is such a stinkin cute kid! also, how are you? Hope life with your little twinners and your little man is treating you well.
you like christmas now?
it's a christmas miracle!
did you have a little boy
run down to the market
and buy the biggest turkey
hanging in the window? kidding.
i'm so jealous...
you and cory both have your
trees already...we need to
get crackin.
ps
you know i would LOVE
to get indian food
but i think we need
to wait...gotta watch
the old coin purse
around the holidays.
i think we might
do a girls christmas
party but i'm not
sure when i'll text
you as soon as i know
okay little lady?
oh and ps
charlie is so
handsome! i can't
believe how grown
up he looks.
what a sweet little
fam. these pictures
are priceless,
totally capture
the feeling!
catie p.
Where are the pictures of the twins growing big and strong? Charlie looks so big. I'm glad you guys had a fun thanksgiving and that you have the christmas spirit. Getting packages from "the brown Santa" always cheers me up.
Post a Comment