So I just read my friend Molly's blog and she had posted about another blog that she had found that had a date night challenge. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's great to date, especially when it's your spouse and not an after hours co-worker. But after 7.5 years of marriage, 25 added pounds *tear, 3 kids, and babysitting fees, not to mention the planning and perspiring-yes, I have mild phone anxiety- that goes into calling a babysitter, I've somehow stopped caring enough to make any big effort. Dating means washing my hair and shaving my bikini line, that of which I avoid if at all possible. However, I saw this blog and started reading these AT-HOME dating ideas and some tiny flame flickered from deep within me maybe, just maybe, reigniting the desire to pull myself together and look presentable for that man who vowed to love me unconditionally.So if you're looking for some ideas or just need a stinking break from the time wasting vortex that is facebook check out this blog Simply Modern Mom, because isn't that exactly what we are?
3 comments:
Great idea!! We need an excuse! I think I'm going to add the rule, "No talking about the kid!" :)
good idea. Thanks for sharing Linds.
We plan 10 bucks a month for a babysitter, but still haven't found one we trust for a long period of time. ie:dinner and an movie.
good luck with your dates.
Lindsey- you are cute.
Post a Comment