Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let's Celebrate!

As a tribute to it being my 100th blog post, I'm going to share with you a little recipe we make when we are wanting to celebrate something, if it's conference Sunday breakfast, or Christmas morning. Spiced Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup (and if you don't make the syrup just don't bother with any of it--I could drink that stuff.) Brace yourself-these are amazing...

Spiced Apple Pancakes: makes approx. 18-4 inch pancakes
2 C. bisquick
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 egg
1 2/3 C. milk
3/4 C. grated apple (about 2)

Mix bisquick, cinnamon, eggand milk until smooth. Add apple. Cook on greased griddle. Turn when bubbles appear, but before they break.

Cider Syrip:
1 C. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 C. apple juice
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 C. butter

Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in saucepan. Stir in juice and lemon. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Blend in butter. Serve warm.

ENJOY!!

8 comments:

Sarie said...

Why don't you just make me some of those? Next time I see you. It would save me some work and those look sooooo good!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

mmm.
drool.

Heather said...

I make these for special occasions too! But my recipe is a little bit different than yours.
My kids won't eat it though. Won't even TRY a bite. That's ok though, more for me.

Christine said...

I've been trying to think of a good Valentine's breakfast, I think I'll give these a try. they look de-lish!

Anonymous said...

Umm, this sounds to die for.

Christine said...

Okay, Lindsey. I made these over the weekend. Oh my gosh. Love them. They're my new weekness. I ate seven....yes, seven!! And I've been craving more ever since.

Noelle said...

I didn't even know syrup could be made.. I thought it only came in a Mrs. Butterworth bottle. I'll have to give these babies a try!

Clayton and Amber said...

oh Yummy! I'm so glad you shared! Can you call me the next time you celebrate? Better yet, let's just celebrate being Mom's soon :)