Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Babysitting...

I get major anxiety when I have to ask someone to tend my kids.  This breaks down into three major reasons.  1) My kids are hard enough even for me; what makes me think that someone else wants that added stress. 2) I don't generally like tending other people's kids in return so I don't want to ask them to tend mine.  There I said it.  Feel free to hate me... 3) Usually asking someone to tend involves a phone call and in the recent years I've developed a sort of phone phobia.  Hence my incessant texting.  So feel lucky if you do actually get a phone call from me.  Either I really need something or I just think you're that special.  (That being said, I may still think you're special even if I don't call you.)
So last weekend Andy and I went on an actually date--that's right, where two people want to spend time together and go out, in our case without kids, and I did, in fact, shower for the day and generally I'll shave my legs, in case I get lucky.  (Read previous post to know that I didn't shave because I was waxing the next day and in turn, didn't get lucky.  But I digress.)
(We thought a picture would be appropriate to document this momentous occasion.)
So my former co-worker/new neighbor/forever in my bestie circle said she'd take on the grueling task of tending my munchkins for the night.  I, in turn, tended her 9 month old...very cute...low maintenance...single baby tonight.  Mwahahaha.  Who got the sucker punch this time?  So I decided to take some pics of her cutie as we passed the night away.  Hope you like them Channy! (Oh and I hope I have permission to post them.  :/ If not, sorry...)
 
She got kinda sick of my pictures... :(

3 comments:

Sarie said...

The second to last photo is GORGEOUS Linds. I love your blog and your writing and every time I come to this site I think, why the heck don't I hang out with her more (or at all). Anyway, I'd like to meet at the ampitheater by timp temple. Those were good times. WHen I had absolutely no clue what I was doing.

Heather said...

cute cute baby! I don't mind trading with other families. It is better than asking a 12 year old to come over and watch the kids.

Noelle said...

So cute! I'm glad you guys got some time together. Does your friend really dress her baby so cute for an evening of babysitting? Taya would never look that cute on a "regular" day. ;)