Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Wax or Not To Wax...

To start from the beginning....a couple years ago I decided to go nuts and wax my girlie region, otherwise attributed to those crazy Brazilions.  What will they come up with next?  I do in fact blame my former coworker/now neighbor/and forever in my bestie circle for peer pressuring me into the torture chamber of a salon.  After that traumatic event, I've sworn off waxing anything below the hair on my chinny chin chin.  Until last Saturday.

I decided to join my former coworker/now neighbor/ and forever in my bestie circle at her house and my other coworker/not a neighbor/but forever in my bestie circle to wax our legs.  I almost backed out as I remembered my sweat soaked shirt of two years ago, but decided to go along with it.  I'd already lasted the torture of growing out my leg hairs until it was intertwining with my jean fibers.  It was getting so long that when Andy and I snuggled before bed, he lost track of which leg was his and which was mine.  At this point I had to continue.  It hurt.  Ok, not as bad as labor, which is my pain threshold for anything, and not as bad as my previous wax experience, which was WORSE than labor, but enough to make me question my will to do it again....Until, I woke this morning again to legs as smooth as a baby's tookus.  That's right--4 whole days later and no hair.  Nada!  So maybe if I can go a week with no hair, I'll be ready to try it again.  We'll see. I was going to post a before, during, and after picture but I thought it'd make you throw up in your mouth, so I think I'll spare you.

6 comments:

emilyspens said...

I just want to remind you of the extreme discomfort of those long leg hairs rubbing against your jeans before you attempt to do this again. :) In my honest opinion, it's totally not worth it. It takes 30 seconds to shave! Way better than growing leg hair out for 2 weeks. Just sayin'. Although if you're looking for a way to ward off the hubby's suggestions for some "fun time", this is a fool-proof way to do it. ;)

Lindsey said...

Hahaha!! Oh Emmy--you loved listening to me whine about my leg hair and you know it! I'm sorry however that I made you look at it--and did I make you touch it? I can't remember. I'm a mean friend...

Tyler Nelson said...

What I find is when you say..."we'll see" - that means you will most definitely do it again!

P.S. I have waxed my girlie parts before and have had natural child birth and can attest that waxing is WAY worse than labor!! - And I will never do it again!

Shauna said...

So, after trying to figure out how to leave a comment, did I figure it out? Funny, funny blog as usual and photo pics are awesome. I would like to print some of the kids if my psychotic printer decides to work again, or maybe it's dead. Hope I don't murder it first! Anyway, you are awesome, funny and waxed!

Heather said...

I remember when you waxed my arms...don't remember why we did that though.

Noell said...

You are hilarious! I've never waxed my legs before, but I am A HUGE fan of waxing the girlie region! You just need to go to the right person, and I have the best girl! Let me know if you ever want to give it another whirl, she's amazing! :)