I've been in a rut. Hence, no blogging. I used to think in 'blog.' No I can't even find anything worthy of a post. So in light of the fact that it's Veteran's Day, I started thinking about all the things I truly am grateful for. Some of this may seem like a wet blanket, but stick with me and the silver lining will be revealed...
-I'm thankful for my health. It took me having a major cold and my kids getting croup and baby being rushed to the ER with a fever of 105 to get a kick to the head but I am grateful for my health. Side Note: I'm thankful for my parents health. A couple weeks ago my mom found out she had melanoma, aka the Big C. We had our little freak out and she went back in a second time to become a human pin cushion. After being dug at and poked and prodded, test results just returned and everything looks clear and good. Praise the Lord...no really...
-I'm thankful for a roof over my head. After selling our house, and then having it...well, unsell...in the last month, I was ready to burn it to the ground. Don't commit people if you're not committed! Anywho, today I called the Homeless Shelter and Utah Food Bank looking to give donations for a work project we're doing, and after talking to the staff at said places, I felt extremely overwhelmed with the bounties of life that I enjoy here in Lehi, Utah. Sold house or not, I have a wonderful roof over my head.
-Even though I refer to my life sometimes as Kid Prison, I am truly grateful for my kids. I had a moment today with Charlie while driving him to preschool that erased all the other frustration from the morning that is ever present when getting a child ready for school. Right? Can I hear a 'what, what!'
-I'm thankful for my main squeeze. Even though I've had the nag button turned to ON for the last few days and will scream if I have to put another toilet seat down, or pick up socks from his side of the bed, or still put water in his dishes that are sitting in the sink with food caking to the sides of them as we speak, I wouldn't trade these past 8 years for anything. In a world where divorce and pride and selfishness are abounding, I'm grateful that he still is my best friend, and that I still get the butterflies that I did in 11th grade when I saw him standing in the school foyer with his 'Slackers' hoodie on. Mmmm mmmm.
-I'm thankful for my freedoms. Freedom to live and worship how I chose. Whether you agree with how our country has handled itself or not, we have men and women that have/are fighting for our very rights and they deserve our support!
I'll spare you all the thousand other blessings that I have and hope that we can all find the silver linings to our sometimes rainy clouds. Life is hard. As we go into this holiday season, let's all remember the blessings that we do have, and be there to help lift the burden of another...
End of April
1 week ago
2 comments:
Amen! :)
Amen sista! and I hope your little one gets healthy soon, and that this is your only visit to the hospital this year!
Post a Comment