Monday, June 20, 2011

a coat of paint

I'm thinking about refinishing a piano.  It has a glossy stain that I'd need to sand and I'm wondering about painting it.  It looks similar to this picture just lighter and way more ghetto...

 
We've had it for a couple years, it's never been tuned, it was free,left behind like a rag doll, from a warehouse my dad owns, and the hubby despises it.  So instead of disposing of it like the man suggested, which hello-it's a free piano, I thought I'd give it some love and try what google search results say is not very easily done and refinish the bad boy.  I'm not afraid of color and I just want the old thing to feel new and chic.  I have a few ideas but want to hear yours and don't want to persuade you by telling you mine.  Paint colors, horror stories, suggestions...Ready, set, GO! 

3 comments:

The Dummers said...

Check out crapivemade.com. She's repainted her piano with success. I think she has a tute or something on there...

Noelle said...

Do it. That is my advice. I have never done it.. I still have a little desk I was going to refinish for Taya from two years ago.. I wish you well.

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2009/07/furniture-refinishing.html

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2009/06/before-and-aftersit-doesnt-take-lot-of.html

Clayton and Amber said...

Do it and don't get rid of it. We couldn't fit our" free" piano on our cross country move just yesterday. I'm sad. Luckily chels made a home for it. Please post pics and how you did it when you're done.