Friday, June 17, 2011

Proud Wifey

So I often have proud mommy moments, whether it be my girls say a new word or fold their arms for prayers, Charlie discovers more self sufficiency (which makes me proud and kinda blue) or belts out the words to a Black Keys song from the back seat or asks a really grown up question which reminds me how incredibly smart he is.  But the often less talked about but ever as abundant moments are my proud wifey moments, where my amazing husband continues to amaze and inspire me.  I felt that for my 200th post, yes 200, I would dedicate it to the man that I call husband, my kid's call daddy, and my all around best friend in the world.

As I began writing, I wondered why I don't talk about Andy more.  Probably because he works so hard outside of my day to day that is consumed with the kiddos.  And maybe a little because when I read people's blogs about their amazing lives and husbands all the time, my cynicism kicks in and I want to give them a kick in the pants.  Not because I don't think it's possible.  I actually feel like Andy and I have something really great, amazing, stupendous, etc.  But sometimes I feel like when someone has to talk about it all the time, it makes it more superficial.  I could be wrong.  I probably am.  Anywho, this is a tangent I didn't intend.  So let me get back to my point.  Which is Andy!

I wouldn't be the gal that I am today without his amazing strength and support in everything that I set out to do.  He pushes me to be better through his example and through his encouragement.  He has been my bestie since high school.  I still get the butterflies when he gets home from work and there's no one I'd rather hang with.  I love his taste in music-I love laying in bed with one earbud in my ear while one's in his; I love how he's made 'nerdy' cool and loves to play video games like they're going outta style.  I love how techy he is and can fix everything that I break.  I love his cozy hugs as much as I did in the Bountiful High School's foyer.  I love his smile, how it reaches his eyes and he's starting to get the most endearing crow's feet wrinkles.  He's sensitive and caring.  He's a wonderful father to our little "angel's" (maybe that's where the title for Angels and Demons came from).  And I'm especially proud of him this weekend, not only because it's father's day and I'm already sentimental, but because he is off, running Ragnar, which is a goal he made and has trained for for the last several months, despite the fact that it is so far outside of his comfort zone and it's been a journey of ups and downs to get here.  He made a goal and a decision and he did it.  I admire that.  He's amazing and I'm lucky to call myself his wifey.

Love you lots lover!
XOXOXO!
sexy racer's number on a sexy racer

1 comment:

Kalli said...

Wowie Andy! Rockstar!

And it sounds like you two were touching each other inappropriately long before it was allowed...