AUGUST
Charlie started KINDERGARTEN!!!! I feel so blessed to have this little man in my life. He is so sweet and sensitive. He's strong willed and stubborn. He keeps me on my toes. He loves school already and rides the bus everyday. This is a bit hard for me turning my little man over to someone for 4 hours of our day. It's been a real adjustment. I worry that his teacher doesn't understand the amazing person that she has a stewardship over or that he'll get left out or need a love and will have to brave the storms of life more on his own. All part of growing up I suppose.
I do, however, love to have some time to devote just to the girls and absence does in deed make the heart grow fonder :) but I'm just so stinkin proud of how Charlie has handled this adjustment and what a good young man he is becoming. Here are some pics from his first day!

A Much Needed Getaway to Bear Lake
A huge shout out to my amazing friend Ashley who tended all three of my kids all weekend while Andy and I headed with some besties off to the gorgeous, freezing cold watered Bear Lake. We lounged, slept in, layed out on the beach and actually both were able to lay back with closed eyes, not one having to keep an eye on the kids, then ate, ate some more, and even saw a demolition derby--this being mine and Andy's first. Yep we're demo virgins. Hrm... Pictures:
![]() |
| I love the reflection in the sunglasses! |
![]() |
| This is the epitamy of a candid shot that I avoid at all costs. I'd just like to say thank you to the photographer :) |






SEPTEMBER
A trip to farm country seemed to be in order. No real explanation necessary other than Ruby always wants a bow and Maggie always wants her hat. Yes, she will even sleep with it sometimes. Can you guess who's my little Tomboy and who's my Princess? Ok, that doesn't always hold true.



And yes we did make another getaway in September to Bear Lake. I could get used to this kind of treatment. This time we took the kiddos and joined the rest of the Nelson clan minus Andy's older brother. :( Here are a couple pics his parents snapped of us, even the one of me with my lack of hair washing. Andy--please have another (yes I said another--my 'hygiene chart' that Andy made me is a story for a different day) hair intervention with me when pictures are involved!





And I wanted to give another quick shout out to my parents. They do so much to help us out. They are supportive and really take care of us. It's sometimes pathetic. Maybe we are the stereotypical 30 year olds living in the parents basement (in this case the upstairs). In these pictures my dad had taken the kids outside so that I could shower and get ready. Awesome much?? Instead I had to snap a few pictures to remind me what patience looks like. And yes, the old man does have a black eye. He rides his mountain bike like he's still one of the 20 year olds. He clearly only 2 decades older than that however, even with me approaching 30. Hrmmm.... Pictures:




Phew! We made it. I promise to try not to go so long. I actually begin a 'pictures to blog' folder on my computer. It was quite overwhelming. Now let's all go have a Xanac and I'll see you in December...er, next week!
















3 comments:
All your kids are so grown up! I'm glad Charlie likes Kindergarten, he is so cute. And I spy Jackson Blake in the picture where they are all lined up, are they in the same class?
Looks like fun! and don't feel bad about living in your parents house. It's nice to have some company!
I want to come on the trip to bear lake next time! It looks like so much furn.
Post a Comment