Monday, May 24, 2010

Dippidee Doo Da..

I've come to realize that many of my posts deal with food. Well, that's because I think about food-alot. Hello my name is Lindsey and I'm a foodaholic. I love to eat. And I have this amazing gift--I rarely get full. So not only do I love to eat but my body seems to never want to stop. Awww, this would tie directly into why I'm not losing the last 10 baby pounds. If you're now making this comparison, I've already diagnosed myself.
Anywho, there is a miraculous place in American Fork called 'Dippidee.' It's just east of Costco and it has cupcakes galore. I didn't think I really cared about cupcakes until Mother's Day when Andy gave me a beautifully gift-wrapped box of them. He knows me better than I know myself. So when I ate them, I had to have more. So I went back last week and discovered...sugar cookies. You may not know this, but I am a sugar cookie snob. I hate most sugar cookies. I blame this on my Bountiful upbringing-as in the city. A little joint named 'Cutler's' ruined me for life. They have the best cussin' sugar cookies in the world. I think they add Almond extract-Mmmmm. So since moving to Utah County I've been on the hunt for a competitor. Cobblestone Cafe had a mean sugar cookie that I drooled over. But since they closed last year-don't get me started or I may just start crying--I've been searching. Alas, I now discovered Dippidee's sugar cookies. I went back today and bought 4 more! I felt this information important enough to blog about-so if you are needing a good sugar cookie and you are near AF, go to Dippidee today for some tastebud satisfaction. If you are up north, just go to Cutler's. Why change a good thing?

6 comments:

misha~sha-sha said...

Hi, my name is Misha, and i am also a food-a-holic. More specifically, a sugar-aholic. I think I will head over to Dipidee. Thanks for the advice and for helping me to continue with my sickness :)

lindseyj said...

Oh Dipidee's... how I love thee!!! I think the trick to their amazing sugar cookies is that they don't bake them. It's like eating a hunk of raw dough. Which isn't a bad thing ;) I guess we need to go there together sometime SOON! And my favorite things there are the homemade oreo's and their vanilla cupcakes.. mmmmm.....

Heather said...

I hate that you have such a good metabolism. I'm sticking my tongue out at you right now! Last week was the first time I have EVER bought doughnuts. Yeah, I rarely buy treats like cookies, cupcakes, etc. I enjoy them, but they tend to stick right to me if you know what I mean. My kids didn't even know you could buy dessert at a restaurant and they were shocked when I went down the candy/chip isle at the grocery store. It was like this magic isle that appeared out of nowhere. they literally asked "where did this come from?" with super wide eyes and drooling mouths. My poor kids. They think five chocolate chips after dinner is dessert. Charley must think you are the best Mom ever!

The Dummers said...

*drool...* Sounds like I'll be making a little road trip to Utah County some time soon.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

i will go and try this place...and we should hang out if i'm already out there right?

then you should come out here and we could go to minis cupcakes...and "the dough girl"...envision this: a chocoholic cupcake and a diet coke...heaven.

BriAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously want to move back to Lehi just for the sugar cookies at Dippidee! I love getting the flower ones...I eat one petal at a time, then I save the center with the big ol' dollop of frosting for last...okay, must stop now...salivating has commenced