Monday, May 17, 2010

New Obsession...

So Andy and I went to In-N-Out Burger when it opened and I was a little underwhelmed. Isn't this the place that people drive to California and then to Vegas and then back to California for? So we decided to try the AF one when it opened and I am freaking obsessed with it. (I have a theory that the first time we ate there it tasted just ok because we were, in fact, breaking the Sabbath and stopped during one of our Sunday drives. Just sayin'.) The service is so fabulous and the burgers are a mixture of wonderfully hot burger and cheese with a heavenly crisp stack of lettuce and tomatoes. Every time we finish the drive through, we look at each other and feel like our lives are better because of being there. Maybe not quite that dramatic, but we do really look at each other and say, "Man, I love this place." So if you haven't been there or had an underwhelming experience, try it again. We may, or may not, have gone there 5 times in the last two weeks...
On that note, I've been doing the P90X workout so that I can quit have baby fatty fat fat and so my pre-twin clothes may actually start fitting again. I'm two weeks in and if this doesn't make me lose the weight--yes I have 10 freaking pounds still to go--then I may just suffocate myself in my pillow. Funny anecdote (well maybe just to us): Last night Andy decided that we were going to wake up at 7am and start doing it together so we could get in shape together. Ok, I decided that we'd do it together, but he reluctantly got on board. Well, sort of. So we decided on a 10:30pm bedtime. Come to find out, we can't sleep if it's before midnight. So come 11:30, we were still staring at the ceiling. We decided to forget the 7am wakeup call and to go eat Pei Wei leftovers instead while watching MTV. I'll let you know how that exercise plan works out for us--eat late and don't work out.

6 comments:

The Dummers said...

I've been dying to try out p90x! Tell me if it works for you! Especially if it works well enough to justify a little late night pei-wei! :)

Heather said...

I've eaten there once and was NOT impressed. It honestly took at least an hour to get our food IN THE DRIVE THROUGH!!! I don't think we will go again. Especially if it as good as you say it is. I don't need a place like that to love.
I think it is funny you guys can't go to bed before midnight It is 9:30pm and Randy is asleep and I am about to join him. I will be asleep in T-5 minutes.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

ate there and loved it.
am curious about this p90x business (meaning i should really do something to stop the fat from building a new housing development in my arteries)

dave and i have a 10:30 bed curfew...this means in bed by 10:30 and watch "house" or "lost" for almost 2 hours.
and i love that you guys watch mtv..as shameful as it is, i am fascinated with those damn kardashians.

(longest comment ever)
i can't get together before lynze's reception because we're filming the ring ceremony before that but i more than look forward to busting a move with you on the dance floor at the reception. :)

Unknown said...

I have P90X and I got about 3-4 weeks into it and then I got pregnant. But I'm so looking forward to doing it as soon as I can to kick start my weight loss. For how much weight I gain each pregnancy, I might as well be having twins. :)

shellybellybee said...

HAHA, I got P90x for mother's day, and I still haven't turned it on. I was planning to tonight, but then I started checking blogs which turned into bagging p90x and eating chocolate and diet Dt. Pepper. I hope you have better luck with it!

Moody Family said...

You need to get the burgers animal style!! Grilled onions in the cheese is by far the best. They don't show it on the menu you have to ask for it. The strawberry shakes are my fav!