Wednesday, June 9, 2010

90210

Why is it that men LOVE long hair? Ok, so I have my theories..some of which may be too inappropriate for my blog forum even. However, I've been on a hair growing quest since fall of '07 when I had the Victoria Beckham blond A-line, which I really did like at the time. See all profile pics on my blog--none of which really resemble me anymore. Part of my motivation to keep long hair at this point is that after my second (well second/third) child, the last frickity frickin 10 pounds will just not come off and long hair makes me feel like my fat isn't hangin out there quite so much. And yes, I want to be not just skinny but anorexically skinny, which I'm afraid is just not in the cards, since I don't want to start vomitting my food. Also when everything north and south of the border continues to sag further by the day (and when I say south I mean my buns that used to perk like nobodys biznass-see what I did there?) yuh just need something to make you feel like a little sexy kitten once in a while. But when Ms. Donna Martin herself on Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood chopped off her goldy locks, it shook me to the core and I haven't been able to think straight for a week. I just don't know how much...longer..this can...go on!
VS.
K so not the best pic of her face but her hair looked uber cute in this episode. sigh...
Maybe I should've picked an uglier long hair pic. Even now I'm questioning my questioning.

5 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

not that my opinion really matters (because i just straight up never do my hair...ever...well sometimes but really almost never)

what i'm saying is, if i had your hair i would chop it off in a second! i have crazy amazon woman hair which means it will always have to be long so i can pull it up in a bun with shame...i'm fine...i've come to terms.

and i'm only going to say this once: you. are. not. fat. got it?

you could totally pull it off and look fierce and also, we should talk...i've got this idea (which i sort of tested out) if you want to feel like a vixen we must pow wow (did i really just say that?)and discuss my idea. anyhoo. call me if i've gotten you all curious.

Krissy said...

Well, hello, new blog buddy! So excited you found mine! I'll have to stew about the hair debate. I like your long locks, but that cut that Tori has really is adorable...

Jen said...

Hey Lindsey. I don't know if you remember me, but I worked with Emily B. at Cutlers. I've spied on your blog a few times. You are SO funny!! I love your blog...its so honest...and I love that.

I think you're hair is really cute now and it looks really cute in the blog topper picture when it was short too. So, really, I don't think you can go wrong. The problem is, we always want what we don't have...we have long hair, we want short...we have short hair, we want long. I'm going through the troubles now of trying to grow my short hair back to long.

BriAnne said...

Haha, you are so funny, Lindsey! I totally know what you mean about the short hair. I devoted a whole blog post on my blog a couple of years ago called "Ode to short hair!" haha!

I think it is the change in weather, too! Everytime the weather changes, I want to mix things up.

I'm excited to see what you do! Either way will be beautiful, I'm sure! :)

Noelle said...

That's so funny you want to cut it because I look at your hair and wish mine would grow faster! I think your hair is so beautiful but I understand wanting a change. From long black hair to a blonde bob.. I've discovered mine always grows back.. I'll always cut it again.. and I never like it any which way.

It's so hard being a woman :)