Andy and I took the plunge and started the Atkins diet yesterday. I know, I know, the dude died from a heart attack, or it's against my religion to have 'that much meeeat!' or 'you won't have a poo for 20 days!' I've heard it all. The reason I even post this is because I'm a little more accountable to myself. All I know is that I've done an insane work out for 5 days a week for a month and a half, counted calories, yada yada, and haven't lost a pound. "But Lindsey, it's all muscle weight." My spare tire, muffin top begs to differ. So this is my next move-I've read much of the book and it seems logical. I've even toyed with the HCG Diet but don't want to fork out the dough, and that seems to take even more self control than this. So we'll see. I'll let you know if I lose any weight and if I can finally fit into my freaking pre-baby pants. Fingers crossed.
(If you have something positive to say, please post or if you have any good protein, no carb/no sugar recipe ideas. If you don't have something positive, please keep it to yourself. This'll be hard enough to stick to. I know some people who have done this and succeeded and some who've done this and gained the weight back plus. I guess I just have to see for myself. Lindsey-always learning lessons the hard way...)
End of April
1 week ago
7 comments:
i loved when i was on the atkins diet. i saw results instantly...seriously you'll become obsessed with it. i sort of want to get back on it also...when i was at my thinnest (118...just so you know, that's phenomenal for me) it was all because of atkins and exercise.
go for it...but not until we have indian on thursday okay?
oh and my dad started atkins on friday and has alread lost 6 pounds...so there you go!
i drink the low carb chocolate protien shakes they sell in bulk at costco...they actually taste pretty good.
YOU LOOK AMAZING SO STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR BABY FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That being said, I know a lot of people who have had great results on the Atkins diet. I have an awesome recipe for low carb mousse/puddingy stuff if you want it :) Good luck!
Good luck! I'm a carb-a-holic myself so I can't recommend any good recipes but I'm sure you'll do great! Post your successes so I feel inspired to get rid of my two year old baby muffin top.
I haven't told many people, but I started the HCG protocol last month. I have lost 18lbs and 13 inches around my body. I'm on a break right now while we go on vacation, then I will go back on it next month to finish off the rest of the weight loss I need. It is VERY HARD though. totally worth the money. you can even pee on a ketone strip to prove you are in "Ketosis" and losing fat; not water or muscle weight.
Good Luck with Atkins. I'm sure it will work great!
i have a good low carb, no sugar brownie bites recipe if you are interested.
You seriously do look amazing and have NO muffin top to speak of. That said, I am behind you every step of the way because I hate when I am doing a diet or something of the sort, and people try to get me to cheat. You already look great but I wish you luck. :)
By the way, your new blog title pictures are SO cute. Love 'em!
I did the Atkins diet in highschool and lost weight really quickly. And it is totally true what they say, your diet is 80% of the battle. I did the HCG diet and had crazy great success so if you decide on it later, you can talk to me about it. :) Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! And I totally hear you on the accountablity thing! I'm sort of doing that on my swimsuit ready blog on Monday. :)
No shame in admitting to get rid of that blasted baby fat! I won't lie...I love weight watchers...sounds cheesy I know. And Heather I want that brownie bite recipe!
Post a Comment