Having a house ready to show all the time with a whirlwind of kids is not an easy task. Heck, doing anything is, frankly, quite difficult. So when my realtor called me and told me of a showing that we had scheduled, of course, I'm always excited, but then it's always a laundry list of things to get done so people don't witness the murder scene in the bedroom that was Charlie's bloody nose, or the surprise surprise that was Maggie taking off her poopy diaper in her crib. Don't you want to buy my house now?? Just kidding-I'm an insane cleaner. It must be in my genes--thanks mom. Even though my house isn't always immaculate, it drives me to madness until it is. OCD much? So where were we? Oh yes, yesterday, trying to clean, Charlie following behind promptly undoing it all--seriously, dumping over folded laundry, etc, to the point of feeling utterly overwhelmed and on the brink of crying when...knock, knock. I thought 'this better be good since I'm putting a bra on to answer my door.' And who was it? My dad! Here! To help! The plan was to get together in the afternoon to take away the packed boxes in my garage, but he came early to help me clean and weed my whole backyard. It was just too much. The water works began. I continued to cry for an hour off and on as I cleaned my house and he worked outside in my yard with Charlie. Even now, it makes me well up just thinking of the overwhelming amount of help my parents give us. My mom is always there to help me run my errands, and help me fold laundry when I just can't bare the sight of more house work, and sit with me through our daily lunch time diet cokes--cheaper than therapy I tell you. My life wouldn't be possible without them. My days would be filled with popping xanax and rocking in a corner somewhere. You think I joke...So since I've exhausted those two words of gratitude to the bone, this post is dedicated to the folks. I don't know where I'd be without them. Love you both!!
End of April
1 week ago

4 comments:
Well you already read my sob story so you know I feel the same. I can only hope when Taya grows up she'll feel the same way about me :) Moms are the best! Hope you guys get a buyer and all goes well!
So sweet. They really do a lot for you and always have. You have wonderful parents.
I love your parents. That is a sweet story. And you can tell anyone that I'll vouch that you really are a VERY clean person. Seriously, your room as even an elementary kids was immaculate!
My parents live in Ohio.. could I rent yours just for like one day a week?
Post a Comment