So it's been some time now that I've been formulating this opinion about being 30. I'm still a couple years away, but I've pretty much made up my mind about the decade that will be my 30's and I think it's going to be pretty great. Here's why...
I believe women look their finest in there 30's. I remember when my brother got married, I think it was 15 years ago now?! I was 11, and thought his wife was the bees knees, first real sister! She has olive skin and dark hair and couldn't be more gorgeous! I think she was 25-26? when they got married and I've watched her get more and more pretty with the years. The 30's! Do we not remember Rachel's hair when 'Friends' started? Ya, it was a cute look for the 90's, sure we all had our hair dressers model it on us, but didn't she look so much better into Season 4-5 when she discovered the flat iron? Well, lo and behold she was turning 30. Everything about her baby face matured and we all (OK Jenn A. is another celeb I'm obsessed with) wanted to be her. Plus the Brad Pitt marriage thing was just icing. Ya know, until he left her. Smuck. Anywho...
Reasons why I'm excited for my 30's: (drumroll please....)
-I've always been the youngest. Youngest kid, youngest in the grade-skipping a grade'll do that to ya, etc. 30 seems like a catch-up number. Once you're 30, who cares if it's 30 or 32, etc. You've made it! You're in your 30's. Don't tell me I'll always feel behind in age because I just can't bare to hear it!
-I'll be done, for sure, having kids, unless the good Lord throws us a curveball, which he seems to like doing. That means we can really enjoy the interactions with them as they grow and enjoy traveling together, and doing cool family stuff, rather than always worrying about spit up and such. Which also leads me to my next point...
-I can give my boobs a self esteem boost. That's right! 100% silicone. I'm looking forward to them looking ahead with pride rather than to the floor in shame. Popping out 3-4 chillens, I feel, earns me this right. I'm sure Andy'll be fine with it. Who are we kidding??
-We'll finally have sold our townhouse by then?! and be in a real, live house. Here's hoping.
-I'll probably start to get crows feet wrinkles. I love these. My dad has them and it is so endearing to me. Embrace your wrinkles ladies! They make you distinguished. (I wish I could say the same about my saggy boobs.)
- Also, by then, I'll have a kid old enough to babysit the other kids. Mwahahaha! Then Andy and I can start dating again. I think it's that thing where you go out together, without kids? I'll check my sources on that.
So for all you that are in your 30's and maybe even older...or much older...remember, the 20's are great but I'd like to think that women are like wine, and get better with age. (I stole that from Andy. Figured I'd give props where they are due) Helen Mirren's 65 and have you seen her in a bikini?? Dang! Who knows, maybe this is true of men too? Johnny Depp is 47, yes 47!! and he still has be drooling like a teething baby everytime I see him.
End of April
1 week ago
7 comments:
I turn 30 next year, maybe Helen Mirren will loan me her swimsuit?
Lily is cooing at your "babies" on your sidebar while I read this. I'm not sure I share your sentiment about being 30. I don't want to be "old" like that. That being said, If they can renovate the temple, I can renovate my body right? Yep meet you at the operating table.
I'm looking forward to the 30s too! It sounds dumb but it feels like that is when you really get into life. Not just the beginning of stuff. I'm looking forward to that.
You are hilarious. You pretty much always make me laugh. Let's see each other before 2011, eh??
Amen sista! I totally hear you on the silicone thing too...ya, I'm thinking 30's are gonna be awesome!
So do you still have your house for sale then? How's that going?
I totally agree with you! I'm excited to be 30. You're supposed to have life figured out by then right? And 20's sounds so young and immature but 30's.. wait.. you'll still come to my dance parties and Halloween parties right? ;)
ha ha ha! You never stop cracking me up. I find myself looking forward to 30 now...maybe. Especially if all that you say is true.
Post a Comment