Thursday, March 11, 2010

Again and Again!

Forewarning--this IS a woe is me post; we're all entitled every now and then right...
We have been planning our Disneyland trip since last June. We were going to go last September and decided to wait for our girls to be a bit older so decided on March 5-14. We left Friday and drove to St. George then went the rest of the way Saturday and arrived on the wonderful, sunny, blue-skyed, gorgeous oceaned Newport Coast Marriott. Sunday we went to Lame-O Land, Oh I mean LegoLand, which was a waste of a day and money but ya live and ya learn. Don't ever go there though. Then Monday we entered the most magical, happy place on the planet--Disneyland. I teared up. We were here! These months of depressing winter, Andy's long work hours, sick kids, they all didn't matter because Mickey was only 10 feet away from us. It was pretty busy, so we did the highlights and decided after 7 hours to come back Wednesday. However, a shadow brewed over head. Ruby started to get sick. We took it easy Tuesday and by Tuesday night, she was really sick. So we did we do? We left, like any responsible adults would. Sometimes I hate being an adult. So we drove the 11 hour drive home and took the girls to the doctor this morning to discover, yet again, that they both have RSV. They nearly sent Ruby up to Primary's on Oxygen but then she improved at the last minute so we came home to watch her for the day. Hope tonight goes well. Anyone else sick of cold and flu season? Here we go again...

Pictures of the trip to come. Charlie was adorable..everytime we went on a ride he'd say "Again! Again!" Except for Big Thunder Mountain RR. He says, "I didn't like that scary, fast train..."

10 comments:

BriAnne said...

Oh, Lindsay! Good thing you listened to your gut on that one! I'm pretty sure it would take some SERIOUS promptings for me to leave the Magic Kingdom, so I applaud you! I hope they are doing ok!

lindseyj said...

I'm so sorry Linds! You sure looked smiley and happy when I saw you this afternoon :) Maybe it's because you didn't have to take another trip to Primary! I feel ya though. Kan has been sick all freakin' winter. Enough already!!

misha~sha-sha said...

Oh Man! I'm so sorry about the twins. They really should have given them the shots, huh? And I got your message. Charlie's bag is safely hanging on the hook in preschool. Feel free to stop by if he needs it sooner than Tuesday. Hope things improve for you guys...

Scooby and Jon said...

Boo! I'm sorry they have RSV again! and yes, cold season SO needs to be over.

Anonymous said...

Oh man.. that is so sad!

I hope your girls get better really quick. And then, I hope you get to go on another vacation soon.

It sucks when something that you've planned on turns out completely different. Sorry Lindsey!

Heather said...

That really sucks Linds. I hope your next trip goes WAY better than planned. Kiss those girls and pray they get better ASAP.

Christian said...

I'm sorry it sucked, but I just have to tell you: You're wrong about legos. And you're wrong about lego-land.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

worst ever.
that is just awful.
i'm so sorry.

i too am DONE-ZO
with all the sickness.
boo.

get better real soon!
xo

catie p.

Moody Family said...

man you are just getting the RSV run around! If you need any help or just need a break let me know! Well, I know you won't let me know so I guess I will just have to kidnap charlie man!

Amber said...

That's horrible!!! I hope they get better and that this flu season comes to an END soon!! So sorry, but I'm glad you had 7 hours of fun :) before your long 11hr drive home.