Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Twins, twins the magical fruit...

Twins have a special bond. And it appears that IDENTICAL twins, at least ours, are extremely connected. Today for example, Ruby pooped, and 1 min later Maggie soiled herself as well. Maggie coughs-so does Rubes. And tonight, in my efforts to let Maggie 'cry it out,' Ruby fell asleep and after some time, I got Maggie so that she wouldn't wake up Ruby with her hysteria. Ruby was OUT. I took Maggie into my room to rock her and 10 min later Ruby begins to cry. This happens daily--I think she'd rather sleep to Maggie crying than to sleep alone in the room. This kind of thing happens all the time. One does something followed by the other one doing it. They know when each other is gone from the room, and in pain, and in need of some comfort. They love each other and play together and steal each others toys. They are wonderful, amazing souls.

9 month pediatrician visit stats--
Maggie: 19 lbs 5 ounces, 28 inches long-- 59% for weight
Ruby: 19 lbs 3 ounces, 28 inches long-- 58% for weight

First time in a restaurant high chair...
Maggie

Ruby

We've been taking them out of their car seats because it's getting hard for me to carry 30 lbs on each arm and they think they are sooo big. I love how proud of themselves they are... :)

6 comments:

Sarie said...

I can't believe they're almost exactly the same size! And their souls are connected. I love it.

The Dummers said...

Identical twins really do have a special bond. I love that you're witnessing this from your daughters! It'll last a lifetime and just get stronger.

Heather said...

I think its funny that my mom and her twin still buy the same outfits even though they live far away from each other.
It is crazy how alike they are.

I love to hear about your girls.

Anonymous said...

I sometimes wish I had a twin.

BriAnne said...

Way to go babies! That's so great that their percentages are so good! I loved it when I learned Summer would sit in the restaraunt high chair! I felt human, haha!

KanellFamily said...

The twins are growing up so fast - they are so adorable!! I hope you have a great time in Disneyland!