Good things, my friends, do in fact come in small packages, in approximately 7-10 days, by our UPS man who we affectionately call 'Brown Santa.'
The Story: Andy and I took a stroll through IKEA several months ago, primarily to rip off styling ideas for the house that we will build as soon as we sell our townhouse. I realize that we've now been saying that line for two years. Bless this economy. (That was sarcasm.) Anywho, we saw a duvet cover that made time stand still. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I really do have my shopping down to a science. I shop enough that I instantly know now what items are going to change my life and I must acquire immediately, be it shoes, clothing, home decor, or in this case, a master bedroom duvet cover. And the kicker, Andy felt the same way. The stars have aligned.
We reach down to grab the King size linen and to our dismay, they are out. What? They have one million Full/Queen sizes, but no King. Ok, no need to freak out. We'll just ask the worker dude to check the computer to see if they have any in the back room or on order of this little piece of bedding perfection. He scans the computer screen, then replies, "Uh, hmmm, well?" Ok last time I heard that little gem of a line we saw two heart beats on the ultra sound. "Uh ya?" I inquire further. "Well, apparently," he continues, "we've discontinued that item. There are no more in the store and you are unable to buy it online." The world came crashing down. My hopes and dreams for re-completing the baby making room in our house has been shattered. Alas, we picked ourselves up and walked out, came home to check the magic of the world wide web and couldn't find it anywhere. End of story. Or so I thought...
So today as I reminisced about how perfect that discontinued duvet cover of months past would have been in our room, I decided to visit IKEA online, just to see. No such miracle. Then, a lightbulb appeared over my head and I decided to look at ebay, one last time. I don't even remember the name of the comforter, hello-it is Swedish, and the third to last item on the very last page of my "IKEA duvet bedlinen" search was a KING JORUN duvet and pillowcase set for $38 with free shipping! Uh hellz ya! (I promised myself that my swearing was stopping as of today. I guess I need to push the reset again.) So after making Andy double check the accuracy of my search and the product, we ordered it and it will be here within 7-10 days. How I heart the internet! Happiness comes to those who wait...ok, I'm done with the clique feel good lines. Although it does feel fabulous...
4 comments:
I love internet shopping! The wonders are endless!
Ooh. I looked it up. LOVE IT! good choice.
Love it! We shop the same way. And it's much better to get stuff in the mail than to just pick it up at a store! I'm glad you found it and your life can be complete now. ;)
That story is cute and all.. but where is the freaking picture of this life changing duvet. I'm anxiously waiting to see what it looks like.
Ebay freaking rocks!
Post a Comment