That's right-I'm gay for carbs. I went nearly two weeks on protein, i.e. meat, cheese, butter, and 3 cups of lettuce a day and now I just want to pound an entire baguette in one sitting. It all started with that cussin' scotcheroo last Wednesday. I had half of a half. Dang you Chelsea and Emily. I do, in fact, blame you!! My limited self control dwindled further as I ate my delicious penne rosa from noodles friday night and then a gargantuon piece of delicious chocolate birthday cake (not mine) Monday night. That's when it hit. My body is rejecting the delicious wonder of flour and sugar! As I ate my Cafe Rio burrito today and sulked in my guilty conscience, then felt the need to barf immediately after, I worried--'What if I'm in meat mode now and can't go back to enjoying all the things that make me fat again?! What then?' Maybe that crazy Dr. Atkins had it right, and we really are supposed to limit those wonderful carbs. This ambivalence may be a work in progress. (I have however lost 7 pounds in the last two and a half weeks. Just sayin...)
2 comments:
Ha ha...gay for carbs. I must be a homocarbo too..
I just have to tell you that I love your blog... you are frickin hilarious and I love reading your posts!! :)
Post a Comment