Well, it's been a long week but things are slowly and gradually getting better. The babies had to have a C-PAP machine hooked up to them to have additional breathing/oxygen help and did fairly well with it. Maggie kept pulling the tubes off of her so they had to cover her face with a cloth so she couldn't get her fingers around it, which she hated, as you can imagine. They were both able to go off the C-PAP Wednesday night and Ruby did really well but Maggie had to go back on it Thursday because she wasn't getting enough oxygen. Needless to say, we didn't get to hold them Thursday. I did, however, get to change Ruby's diaper, and let me tell you, it was the happiest I've ever been to change a poopy diaper. Thursday night they took Ruby off the additional oxygen through her nasal canula all together and she did good for about 3 hours and then started to drop so they had to put her back on the canula, which both girls are now currently using and doing great with. As of Saturday, they have been on really low doses of additional oxygen so we will see when the next test run is for just breathing room air without additional assistance. Friday, I got to try nursing both the girls and this was also my first time holding them. It was so awesome. They didn't really nurse, but being close to them was so wonderful. I go twice a day and we give it test runs. They do get a little better at latching on each time but still aren't sucking anything out of me so I continue my love affair with the breast pump. Maggie's bilirubin levels were a little high, so Saturday she had to start tanning, a little sooner than I would have liked-we didn't have time to shop together for a good lotion to help her bronze really well but what can you do? She, yet again, had to have her eyes covered and, yet again, hated it. But I talked to the nurse this morning and doesn't have to stay under the lights any more today and is loving her new freedom to look around again. Ruby needed an IV change and the neonatologist said to just leave her IV out and we will see how she does just getting the nutrients from my breast milk. So that was very exciting. She is also moved to a crib to see if she can hold her own body temp. and she was really borderline through the night but we got a new hat on her and is back up to where she needs to be so here's hoping. Maggie is just a few steps behind Ruby and we will see when she moves to a crib for a test run. They are both such sweet girls and we are so blessed that they are doing better and better. Andy was able to hold Ruby last night-Saturday also, so that we awesome. Thanks again to everyone for your support and prayers.

Mommy and Ruby

Maggie under Bili lights

Ruby just hanging

They were both asleep like this...I love their cute bums!

Maggie with her binky.

Ruby's first hospital outfit.

Sorry if it's too much skin. This was the first time I held Maggie, so I don't care. :)

Daddy and the Rubester.
Thanks to my mom who has been making endless trips to the hospital with us and helping clean my house so I don't go insane. Thank you to my mom-in-law who has had Charlie since Wednesday. We could not have done it without either of you. Below are some pics of the great time Charlie has been having at Grandma Nelson's with cousin James.
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone!!!
James and Charlie are partners in crime we hear.

(We left his swim suit at my mom's last Monday so Andy packed him some pj bottoms...He doesn't normally wear boy shorts.)



They set up a tent to play in I guess...soo fun we hear.
9 comments:
I'm so glad that you got to hold & start nursing them. You look gorgeous! And the girls look like you guys already.
Oh Lindsey! I just read that you had your babies and I'm so glad to hear that they are doing better. They are beautiful...and how do you look so great after just giving birth?! You're killin me! :) Keep us posted on the girls' progress. You are in my prayers.
I bet you were SO excited to finally hold your sweet baby. I am glad that they are doing better. Make sure once they come home you take a photo of your giant Pamela Anderson boobs now that they will be feeding TWO babies! Oh, and also make sure, when they come home, to invite me over so I can give you my gift for the girls. I still can't believe you have twins.
what a fantastic
feeling that must
have been to hold
them and try nursing!
we're so happy
for you guys.
they are adorable
and may i just say
you look way too foxy
for just having TWINS!
is catie jealous? yep.
we love you guys.
catie p.
You are doing amazing! Here's to way more time with your beautiful girls in your arms!
You look beautiful, Lindsey! And the girls are also beautiful. Can't wait til they are home and you can snuggle them 24/7.
heeeey friends...
since I just figured out that you are updating your blog I just had to shout out how frakking cute those girls are and how glad I am to hear they're doing good.
Can't wait for them to come home so I can bring you some din din and bask in their gorgeousness for reals.
ps charlie's hot pants are terrif
Your girls are so beautiful, and it sounds like they're doing better and better. Hopefully they will keep it up and come home with you soon! Lots of prayers for you are coming from our place!
How cute Linds! I'm so glad you've been able to hold them and change a tiny naked heinie...I hope you get lots more of all this good stuff with your two darling cuties! I love both pics of you and Andy holding your girls...so sweet.
Do you guys need anything?
Post a Comment