Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 11 in the NICU

So today was thoroughly exhausting. The girls were both moved to Stage 3 feedings which is 3-4 times in a 12 hour period and they have to wake up and demand it themselves every 2-4 hours so we know that they are capable of doing so, which essentially means we hang out at the hospital all the time. Maggie did great and definitely let us know when she was ready to eat but sometimes Ruby needed some help rousing, which they said was still OK. But they started to wake up at the same time and want attention and then they had reflux and then they wanted to be fed more and I was about ready to blow my brains out. The thought kept running through my head, "Holy Crap! I am going to throw a 3 year old into the mix as well and have to keep up with this." That's when the panic started to kick in. But I also think it will be easier to be in my own home and not running around a hospital room with their Nazi regime and it will hopefully be a little better. Oh and they also failed their car seat tests. As soon as they sat in them their oxygen saturation level dropped drastically and stayed there. They said it may be because they just ate and reflux was the issue. Sure; I'll just never feed them before we go anywhere. Ya, that'll work. Hmmm, maybe I should've waited a day or two to post. Sorry to be such a downer. On the bright side, they are still thinking they will come home the beginning of next week. We might be pulling them on a sled behind our bikes and not in the car seat, but home nonetheless.

1 comment:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

aww linds.
hang in there sugar!

you're in
our prayers!

catie p.