Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 13--Homecoming!!

Ruby in her car seat and Maggie getting dressed to go

Monday we were able to bring our babies home with us. They failed the car seat tests, so we had to buy some wack car bed and a preemie car seat but at least they are home. We survived the first night and are trying to get in the swing of things here, but it is so much easier already. If someone however has any good tips on building back up breast milk supply please let me know. The first week of pumping I was getting tons of milk but this last week it has cut so far down that we have to supplement the babies and I wonder if they are even getting anything nursing. Thanks again to everyone for the help, meals, calls, etc. It has definately helped to lift the load and make this whole experience that much easier.
Finally getting to be close to each other and not in separate hospital beds

8 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

Make sure you're eating enough calories to supply the milk they need, I have a hard time with that sometimes.
They are so beautiful!!! and I'm so happy for you that they are home, it makes life so much happier!
I have a present for you that I need to bring over soon.

Heather said...

Yay for being home! My friend Callie who had twins built up her milk supply with something, but I can't remember what it was. I will ask her for you. I thought it was funny that one of her breasts was for one twin and the other breast was for the second twin. is that what you do?

Kalli said...

yay they're home!

so, about the nursing

I tried so many different supplements and none of them seemed to help me a huge ton, but maybe you can try them and they'll work for you.

Fenugreek is one, warning, be prepared to reek of maple syrup. Seriously I stunk like a walking waffle house. You can pick this up at Good Earth. They also have a tea you can brew called Mother's Milk or something weird like that. Super delish, or not.

The other is this supplement that you can get at this small nutrition shop I can give you the address of in AF. I can't remember the exact name and it's in kind of a weird spot but my friend swears this supplement helped her a ton. I think it's called mother's milk too or something a long those lines.

Eat good, rich food. Lots of oatmeal, whole grains, you know. Good luck milk lady. I'm seriously feeling for you.

Molly said...

Home at last! Hooray! You all look happy and gorgeous.

Moody Family said...

they are sooo cute! the dr. always told me to pump every 3 hours or more to build mine up. i don't know if that will help or not. anyways. hope all is well. if you need any help I will be right there and im sure you need me to watch Charlie sometime!!!!!! Noah would love a play mate :)

Becky said...

Eat fresh bread, like rolls, homemade pizza. It makes my milk come in like crazy for some reason. My mom also suggests malt to her patients. Like ovaltine.

Miranda said...

I'm all for a double cheeseburger and a gallon of water, but sometimes that hasn't been enough for me.

I have taken a prescription called "Reglan" to help with milk. Ask your OB/midwife.

Congratulations! Your girls are soooo cute and I love their names.

Haywood Family said...

They are so TINY... How Cute. CONGRATS!!!