Wednesday, June 17, 2009

got milk?

So thank you to everyone for the nursing advice. I have decided to quit fighting nature and keep my sanity. I have enlisted formula to feed my babies. I hate that the way we are socialized makes me feel guilty about this and that nursing is no longer just for the die hards and hippies like it was back when my mom was struggling the same way. But socialization or not, I'm done feeling guilty and I'm regaining my sanity and relationship with my 3 year old. Hooray for being able to leave my house with no children and not stressing because my main man can feed the chillens.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Good for you. Sanity and relationships and not stressing are very good things to have, especially when one also has two babies around.

Sarie said...

I love it. Great decision! You're probably such a star mama!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

amen sister.
the point is
the kids get
nutrients right?

i felt horrible
at first
when i stopped
nursing bennett
after 7 months
of struggling.

i'm so glad
everything is
going so well!

catie p.

Lisa said...

either option is fine and I hate that people make others feel guilty when they decide one way or the other. I finally realized that a stressed and upset mom is way worse than feeding my child formula.

Jennifer said...

I felt a lot of guilt, too, when I stopped nursing Katie; part of stopping was out of my control (surgery), but I was also working and only nursing half-time before that.

Looking back, though, I think stopping the nursing was the healthiest thing I ever did for both of us.

I agree that it is too bad our society makes us feel guilty for that. It sounds like to me you made a thoughtful and loving decision that is best for everyone.

I don't plan on nursing any future babies, except for maybe a month or two. It's just to important for me to be sane!