So I'm looking for a good baby carrier that can be worn on your front or back. I've read reviews on the Baby Bjorn ($80) and Infantino ($32) and am not very impressed. Other brands I've looked at are Angelpack, Connecta, Beco Butterfly, Ergo, Mei Tai, and Pikkolo. Does anyone have any of these and could you make a recommendation? Remember also, that I have to buy two so if I'm going to spend the big bucks I want to know it's worth it. Or tell me that you like the cheapy and I'll love you even more.
End of April
1 week ago
7 comments:
I have the bjorn & pretty much like it. However, it would be nice to have a waist strap to take some pressure off the shoulders, and I don't think you can wear it in the back. I've heard people rave about the ergo, although the only one I've seen in real life was ugly. Maybe just a bad color. Good luck!
We have the infantino front2back rider and we really like it! All of the straps are a nice cushy memory foam and there is one for your back to take some of the pressure off.
Hope that helps!
I AM AN EXPERT!! Self taught, but an expert I SWEAR! I love carriers and I have a firm and deep testimony of carrying your babies (maybe one at a time for you). But compared to what's out there, bjorns and infantinos and whatever else is at babies r' us SUCK ROCKS. No offense to you who use them, there are just better options as I have learned. I have a little bjorn type carrier and hate it. If you have fatty babies like me, your shoulders and back want to die after about 20/30 min.
SO, first off, ergo vs beco. Basically same thing, except ergo is uglier. Beco's are a little spendy but well worth it. If you search around you can find them cheaper. This is the one carrier I really wish I had and trust me, when I get my hands on some money will be purchasing. The front to back option is awesome and it's great on your back since it distributes the weight to your hips.
Other option: Sleepywrap. (sleepywrap.com). This is a wrap type carrier but is muy versatile. In fact, I'm taking it next weekend on vacation because I can still carry my kid in it, front or back, even though he weighs as much as a baby elephant. This wrap saved my life when he was tiny bc he wanted to be held all the time. I wrapped him in tight and he'd drift off to dreamy land in nothing flat. BONUS, you can carry both twins in this wrap, at the same time. Seriously. Go to the website and look at the photo gallery and you'll see. I love mine. I have a deep and abiding testimony of sleepywraps. These are very similar to Moby wraps but better material. Cons: it's a lot of fabric and looks complicated to tie but isn't, trust me. Also, if you want to back carry you'll need help putting the kid in.
I also have a ring sling that I absolutely adore and use almost every other day still.
One novel later, those are my thoughts. Email me if you have questions. You can tell how much I love this subject.
I have a cheapier one that I really really like. I'll bring it over and you can try it on and see how you like it...
I have 3. A hot sling, A bjorn, and the infantino front2back. And he will only ride in the infantino. Which was the cheapest one. I use it all the time. But my best advice is to try out some of your friends.... like me to see what you really want before you spend any money. Call me and we'll plan a time, I'll bring all 3 of mine. Hope Andy's busy week is going well. We can't wait to hang out. Love- Richers
A friend of mine raves about the Ergo. It is super expensive, but she says it is worth it. Try finding it on Craigslist or Ebay or something...
I have a Moby Wrap that I used a lot when she was littler, but not so much now...plus with all that material it gets really hot.
Good luck!
If you want both of these carriers for free you're welcome to mine. They are both navy blue. Snugglies. Let me know.
Post a Comment