So Andy and I signed up for a photography class to learn how to use our new Nikon D90 camera, well, Andy knew but I had no idea. I also figured it would be nice to have more things to do together-tender right? So here are some shots that I took for our first "homework" assignment. I'm pretty excited about how they turned out, especially since I've never had a photography class before!!






These next few are some of my favorites from the ones that Andy took. He's awesome!



***
But this is the photo that took the cake for the day in my opinion. I wish I could claim it, but it was Andy's. It's probably a good thing too-I would've spazed and never been able to get the shot in time.

(Check out the depth of field in this pic--Did that make me sound smart? Well, that was my intention. Tee hee. Just teasin-but seriously, check out how amazingly the bird and stick? pop against the blurred background. Awesome!)
More to come I'm sure in our adventure of learning how to take better pictures. We still have a long way to go.
7 comments:
Wow! I am seriously so impressed! I would just love to know how to do the, what did you call it? "depth of field" For the price I paid for my camera, you'd think I could figure that out, but I've lost my manual. :( Did you guys sign up for it at UVU? Keep the beautiful pictures comin! Love them!
sweet...need more subjects? You have neighbors that are more than willing!!!
Those are GREAT pictures. Where are you taking the class at?
I thought the depth of field meant a gradual change from sharp focus to blurred vision.
nice pics. Andy has always been talented at photography.
Yes, the depth of field was simply stunning:) Very tender. You guys are so cute and these pictures are amazing.
Linds you are too funny! Love the pictures guys :)
linds! i'm so impressed!
and you are correct, the
depth of field is really
just what is in focus (same as the aperture) and
in that picture it looks
stunning against the out
of focus background.
you rock little lady!
and it is so tender that you and
andy are doing it together...dave and i kinda did that except i didn't take a class...it was mostly just him teaching me and me whining that i didn't understand...i'm awesome.
catie p.
Post a Comment