So the doctor called us today and wanted to see Maggie due to her "blue nose" not going away. She had suspected that it was a hemangioma which is just an increase in blood vessels in a given area, but we wanted to give it time to rule out it just being a bruise. It is in fact a hemangioma and wants her to go to a specialist up at Primary's to get it looked at and treated since it's on the end of her nose and she doesn't want it to constrict her airway at any point. I guess steroid shots or laser treatment is the fix. Fun stuff.
End of April
1 week ago
6 comments:
I'm so sorry! It's no fun having just another thing to worry about. I hope everything goes well at Primary's and it's easier to fix than you expect . . . and I hope that C will go to preschool happily with 'gramps.' :) Good luck with everything! And you all looked soooo cute in the blessing day pics!
I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. How long has she had it? My neighbor's little girl has one on the top of her bald little head. They can't remove it for some reason though so she is stuck with a giant thing on her head. hopefully her hair covers it eventually. I hope it works out for maggie so it can be removed.
aww,
sweet baby!
i'm sure all
will go well.
you better
be coming
to girls
night
tomorrow...
everyone's
going to
be there!
catie p.
Dude, Catie, a 9:45 pm movie will do me in these days. I am barely coherent by then. Just give me Alka Seltzer and tea bags for my eyes I'm feeling so haggard. (I don't know why I said Alka Seltzer-I don't have indigestion. It's just what all old people seem to drink daily.)
Oh wow. That's not fun, but at least you can fix it. I'm so glad to have found your blog. Truth be told, I check it all the time (through Jenn). Good thing I don't have to be a stalker anymore. :)
Thank goodness they have a treatment for it. You have tough little girls!
Post a Comment